The Bragging Thread

<p>Want to brag? What have you done in your life that is worth bragging about? Highest SAT scores in your class? Class president? Homecoming Queen? Biggest Scholarship? Highest GPA? Best salary?</p>

<p>Anything goes. Maybe if all the bragging is here, it can be kept in one place!!</p>

<p>I'll start...</p>

<p>My son got a perfect score on auditions for a state wide ensemble. It had never been done before on his instrument.</p>

4 Likes

<p>2 of my 3 children remembered to call their Grandmother for her birthday.</p>

8 Likes

<p>I have the cutest puppy in the whole wide world! Really, I do. People stop us all the time and tell us so. We are considering getting her an agent, she is so darn cute.</p>

<p>Thumper1, congrats. Classical music?</p>

<p>Highest salary for a non-engineering major the year I graduated college.
Modeled for Sears as a child.
Discovered a secret half sister (and half brother) 18 years before Oprah :-)</p>

1 Like

<p>My daughter got a great summer internship in a town near her school, and coincidentally she and some friends are renting a house next year, with the lease beginning June 1! and, it pays really well!</p>

<p>S is accepted to his first choice school with Honors & scholarship, is done with his app process. Heā€™s now rehearsing for his spring musical, where he has the lead.</p>

<p>Fishymom, what kind of puppy do you have? I.Love.Puppies.</p>

<p>Several years back there was a kid on DS2ā€™s soccer team who was truly dreadful and of course - his Dad was the coach. Last game of the season and I saw DS2 whispering with that kid clearly plotting something. DS2 stole the ball and the coachā€™s son ran down the field with him but on the opposite side. Just as they approached the goal instead of shooting DS2 passed and the coachā€™s kid scored!!!</p>

<p>Youā€™d have thought the kid single-handedly won the World Cup :-). The whole team and all the fans were screaming and celebrating. One of those moments you always remember and I was VERY proud to be DS2ā€™s mom.</p>

1 Like

<p>I am the best online bargain hunter. Itā€™s my new hobby, and Iā€™m known far and wide in my very small circle of friends for this extraordinary talent.
Really, if I have an item number, say of an LG blu ray player model so and so, I can locate a price sometimes half as much as other places online OR bricks and mortar.
Sometimes its Amazon, sometimes ebay buy it now, sometimes a coupon code from Kohls, itā€™s different for each item. My ā€˜methodsā€™ are superior to online shopping bots, IMHO. Of course, any money savings are eaten up in the considerable TIME that I expend to save said money. Sigh. It IS fun though.</p>

<p>I also helped raise two lovely young adultsā€¦</p>

2 Likes

<p>My wife and I have raised our two children so that they are better people than we.</p>

3 Likes

<p>My brag is better than your brag</p>

<p>My kid said to me last night that she ā€œdidnā€™t have time to go into itā€ right then, but I better be ready for some ā€œparenting timeā€ this weekend. :wink: </p>

<p>So hereā€™s my ā€œbragā€:</p>

<p>Iā€™m not completely useless!</p>

<p>Back in my life before kids I set a world age record for a 100K (62 miles) running race. Yay, me. (now older and slower but still racing)</p>

<p>Oh, big dealā€¦I was the Pennsylvania State debate team champion, I broke the record for 14 and under IM when I was 12, was student council Presidentā€¦yada yadaā€¦but the best thing EVER was reciting ā€œLittle Orphan Annieā€ at my 105 yo grandmotherā€™s funeralā€¦even acting it outā€¦and having my 16 yo son say, ā€œWow, that was impressive!ā€ FTW!! Best day ever.</p>

<p>In college, I once made 99 free throws in a row at practice. (Choked on #100)</p>

<p>So far, I havenā€™t pulled my hair out this week.</p>

1 Like

<p>I worked in a German brewery when I was in college.</p>

<p>Thumper, congrats to your son! And mom, 2 of 3 is pretty darn great in my book. Allthis, what a proud moment for you! Toblin, that is my goal in life and we are well on our way to achieving it. And curmudgeon, everybody here knows you are definitely NOT useless, haha!</p>

<p>Justamom, my puppy is a Corgi mix. She has the colorings of a Jack Russell, a bulldog behind and a Corgi body. She is the smartest dog I have ever known and just a sweetheart.</p>

<p>Dang there are some talented folks here! And Corgis are aDORable!</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>I have vague memories of draining a German brewery (or three) in college.</p>

<p>I am from Northern NY & have made contributions to historical websites concerning that region. </p>

<p>I also used to babysit Viggo Mortensen.</p>