The Bragging Thread

<p>eireann, that is great, congratulations. My S1 has gotten two nice offers for post docs next year so we know he will not be unemployed come summer. :)</p>

<p>I love all the happy news. Congrats!</p>

<p>Awesome job montegutā€¦go get em!</p>

<p>Congrats to all,</p>

<p>I just got another promotionā€¦ sort of. Itā€™s a lateral move with no raise, but this position is the fast track and now I will make the top level of my department (besides management) within a yearā€¦ meaning Iā€™ll have gone from the bottom to the top of the chain in 3 years, which is unheard of. Not too shabby.</p>

<p>Kudos, Ema!</p>

<p>This is such a great thread. I am reading it now for the first time. I like seeing the variety of accomplishments and ā€œhighsā€. Congratulations, you guys! Thanks for the pick-me-ups.</p>

<p>I have been off of here for a while, but decided that I must share my news! DD, nine months after graduation, has been offered and accepted a GREAT job. It has been a long search for this kid who has always been a top performer. The company found her. She starts in March. </p>

<p>That is just tremendous! Does she have to relocate or is it where she lives? I know that for S, relocating was an interesting process and helped him pare down some of his possessions and acquire some new ones. Many are having to relocate to find a great job.</p>

<p>Thank you. She is relocating to the Midwest. We are also moving, so it will work out well. She has to pack everything: take it, store it, or give it away. In the process, she is taking some of our excess so that our house will have less when we show it. </p>

<p>DS just received his first acceptance to PHD program - with tuition and stipend.</p>

<p>Python, congratulations to your son. Thatā€™s awesome!!</p>

<p>I cleaned out behind my refrigerator the other day. Hasnā€™t been done since we moved here. Yes, 5 1/2 years of dustballs. So happy to get rid of those. And proud of myself!</p>

<p>My HS freshman was just chosen to be a (state) Senate Page next month, and as a We Day volunteer in March. We Day is a celebration of youth volunteers, but is a year-round community service for youth program. Not satisfied, she then encouraged her three closest friends to sign up for We Day as well. And her science fair project was so well done that her teacher suggested she choose a topic next year that will put her in line for a national competition called ā€œImagine Tomorrowā€. I just ask where and whenā€¦</p>

<p>S2ā€™s professor in an engineering class which presents projects for the group to improve/critique, after watching S2ā€™s presentation : ā€œalrighty then! bonus points for anyone who could improve THATā€</p>

<p>I love reading the good news on this thread - congratulations to all. Iā€™ll throw one in: my youngest d just got an excellent mid-year evaluation as a new special ed teacher. But even better, she told me how much she loves her job, her kids, and her school. So Iā€™m feeling proud and grateful. </p>

<p>Looking forward to reading more here.</p>

<p>Generous MIL is taking the family on a tour of the homeland (Ireland).
By the time that occurs (May 2014) my first 2 will be married and #3 will have a Masterā€™s degree!</p>

<p>I just got my first internship offer. Itā€™s working with an organization in Detroit that targets at-risk girls and women. Specifically, Iā€™m going to be working on an outreach project that reaches out to sex workers in Detroit. I am going to be designing and implementing a training and evaluation program that makes the outreach volunteers more effective. </p>

<p>Iā€™m very excited. :slight_smile: </p>

<p>Older sā€™s new job opportunities and employment package are just beyond belief!</p>

<p>Congrats Romani. That sounds like important work.</p>

<p>Aw shucks. I donā€™t know how important it is but Iā€™m very excited. </p>

<p>I actually interviewed with another place today that I would prefer to work with but weā€™ll have to see whether or not I get it. </p>