The Bragging Thread

<p>Congratulations, Montegut!</p>

<p>Wow, so many great news. :)</p>

<p>Great news from all the graduates and future grad students.</p>

<p>S1 graduated cum laude today with degrees in sports journalism and history. And he did it in eight semesters! Hard to get my mind around the fact that Iā€™m the mother of a college graduate!</p>

<p>Just got accepted into grad school! Iā€™m supposed to stay another semester to finish my double major but now Iā€™m not sure! I hate being so indecisive but Iā€™m excited either way!</p>

<p>My daughter was looking at some software engineering opportunities and got an unexpected offer in a unique new venture and is now a Data Scientist which is taking her in a different direction than expected but turns out she seems to have all the skillset for what the Harvard Business Review calls ā€œthe sexiest job of the 21st Centuryā€ā€“who would have thought?</p>

<p>Iā€™ve already been promoted at both of my internships. One took me on as a paid employee (it was originally an unpaid position) and Iā€™m working on quite a few more projects now. The other promoted me to essentially a supervisor (with pay increase!) and added me on to a sister project. </p>

<p>Iā€™m also meeting with the PI on our project next week (the one who promoted me to supervisor) to talk about possibly applying for a PhD program here at UMich. :slight_smile: </p>

<p>Just found out today that when S graduates from J-school next week he will do so with a JOB at a NEWSPAPER!!! I am so happy for him.</p>

<p>Great news from both Romani and consolation. Way to go!</p>

<p>My son joined the local gym for the summer. We went together, so he could be added on to my membership, and when I went on to work, he stayed and worked out. Drove there and back all by himself, too! You laugh, but this is a big accomplishment on the home front!</p>

<p>Montegut, I get it! My son has gotten very into working out, and when heā€™s working out heā€™s not playing video games, so Iā€™m very happy. Not sure that counts as a brag, but figured Iā€™d share.</p>

<p>Busy week for my son. Got a promotion and starts his new job tomorrow. Just got his grades from grad school ā€¦both Aā€™s so the company pays for them and his offer on a condo went through so he is buying a house. Figures he can pay it off in 5 years. Wish his grandparents could see him now. </p>

<p>Lots of great news in the past few days!</p>

<p>Good or bad newsā€¦ Got a text that kiddo got accepted into her dream program off the waitlist, and this is where she is apparently going now. Same U, just a different program! Ughā€¦ Baltimoreā€¦</p>

<p>Baltimore isnā€™t so bad! Congrats to her!</p>

<p>Baltimore is terrific! And BWI is a hub for Southwest Airlines:)</p>

<p>S2 graduated from high school last night and will attend his brotherā€™s, DHā€™s and my alma mater. And Iā€™ll have my last blast as a team mom tomorrow working the gate at the state lacrosse tournament. </p>

<p>My 9th grader got a Aā€™s on his English,Math and Biology end of course tests! They have to take them in Georgia for certain courses. If you had asked me before he was diagnosed with ADHD early this year I wouldnā€™t have thought that was possible.</p>

<p>Sweetbeet and thumper, I was kidding! Yay, Southwest! And Alaska just began a non-stop service to BWI from SEA. You bet Iā€™m looking at Thanksgiving travel now! :)</p>

<p>DS just received a letter from the school heā€™s attending this fall notifying him he was awarded additional scholarship money!</p>

<p>My son co-founded a company while a senior in college, stayed in his college town to work on it full time (with no pay) for close to a year as its CEO and just sold it to a local company who will continue to run it. </p>