The Bragging Thread

<p>Yay, Romani! Someone will have a very cozy doggie bed :)</p>

<p>H is being supportive and kind. Had great family time with college kids home for a few days.</p>

<p>You might recall that my parents took me to South Africa with them in August - it was my third time and their eighth! Well, my dad just emailed to ask if my husband and me would like to go with them on another safari in Botswana in the spring! I asked if he was serious, and he said it wouldnā€™t be the same without me. That meant a lot, since heā€™s not the type to say, ā€œI love you.ā€ Heā€™s good at showing it, though!</p>

<p>The ā€œproblemā€ is that each time I go to Africa, the urge to return grows stronger!</p>

<p>MLā€¦Iā€™ll gladly go in your place :)</p>

<p>@MaineLonghornā€Œ Read and/or watch The #1 Ladies Detective Agency before you go. It made me want to visit Botswana.</p>

<p>@Ynotgo, thanks! I will get it on my Kindle right now!</p>

<p>@thumper1, wish I could take you!</p>

<p>Am loving having all of us home for Thanksgiving for first time since 2005. The kids gave us an early gift of 40" smart TV and hooked it up, so we can watch tv, amazon prime, wii and even use as a monitor for computer! We are having a lovely time together! Sā€™s visit will be 2 weeks and then returning to HI for a week over Christmas. D will be here for 2 months! Woot!! </p>

<p>Technology-challenged me just downloaded a bluetooth finder app to my phone to help me find my missing Fitbit. Glad to have succeeded before the battery died. It had been missing for 4 days!</p>

<p>My son was here for 4 days and we had NO issues. He even got up easily this morning for his 7 am flight back to school, and he helped around the house when asked. </p>

<p>I cooked dinner for my mom. She went back for seconds.</p>

<p>My ā€œdomesticā€ skills are notoriously non-existent. My mom has been (lovingly) telling me since I was 3 that Iā€™m going to need a ā€œwifeā€ one day. This is a huge victory for me. </p>

<p>As a fellow domestically-challenged individual, good on you Romani! </p>

<p>H and I got the garage stuff moved to one side so H could park his car on ā€˜hisā€™ side, lol. It was a job waiting for us for a long time, and ended up not taking long. A ā€˜dirtyā€™ job that was procrastinated way too long! I also wrote a cover letter and submitted with my resume to the hiring boss, for a job that I hope to have an interview for. Getting the job will be restarting a dormant career.</p>

<p>@SOSConcern, good luck with the job. </p>

<p>Yes it is frustrating after a long employment gap to get hired again. Had one interview at this place already. Hope this hiring manager will interview and hire me!</p>

<p>I learned to fly before I learned to drive. Iā€™ve soloed in an aircraft multiple times and but I still canā€™t drive a car on my own. </p>

<p>My DD just passed her ā€œqualsā€, big test in PhD program. Guess I should say ā€œourā€ DD since she takes after her dad.</p>

<p>Why am I not surprised? :slight_smile: CONGRATS!!</p>

<p>I just successfully used a $7 root-touch-up kit to lighten my roots without having to admit that my hair isnā€™t blond anymore. MIL arrives tomorrow. Ha! </p>

<p>S1 just earned 4.0 this semester in grad school - while working F/T. He also ran two sub-4 hr marathons in Sept & Nov. This is the same kid who couldnā€™t manage his time in HS, barely scraped by with a 3.0 gpa, and finished dead last in his HS cross-country meets. Heā€™s grown up into an amazing young man.</p>

<p>My sis, licensed hairdresser, used to provide me with the professional hair coloring stuff. She has changed her color line recently, and I asked her if I still can get my hair color. I hope she will include me stillā€¦otherwise somehow I can buy the stuff in my state w/o hairdresser licenseā€¦I have a year supply anyhow. But have been blessed to have professional results on a supply only cost for 30 yearsā€¦</p>