The Bragging Thread

Never thought I could do this, but started practicing Krav Maga and went on my first ever trekking! :slight_smile:

OK, I’ll’ be the one to ask: What’s Krav Maga??

It’s my birthday today and I’m getting my favorite cupcakes from my mommy. No matter how old one gets, there’s nothing like a special treat from mom or dad :slight_smile:

Happy birthday!!

Krav Maga - badass Israeli martial arts.

D invited to join the Scholars Progression at her college, quite excited for her.

Happy birthday romani!

Happy Birthday Romani!

S2 got a 4.0 in his first semester in his doctoral program. He thought it was due to grade inflation, but the administrator of his department was very impressed. So apparently not!

Happy birthday Romani. How long til your wedding day?

Thanks everyone :slight_smile:

@1214mom my wedding is June 6 so it’s coming up quick!

HB romani!

Happy Birthday, romanigypsyeyes!
It’s 138 days until your special day. :slight_smile:

I have the most awesome neighbor! 20 YO dryer went on the fritz and neighbor finished drying three baskets of DD and our laundry, so DD could leave tonight to return to school and we would not have to go to laundra-mat.

Happy belated birthday, Romani.

I moved all by myself this weekend (with mover and all). I assembled 5 lamps, garbage can (the most difficult one), vacuum cleaner, got the TV and internet to work. But one very nice CCer’s husband came over to assemble a bed and table for me.

D2 got a raise at an on campus job, from $9.5 to $10.

Good going, oldfort. I’m especially impressed with setting up the internet and TV. We just got a new TV and it took both DH and I to get it set up and we’re not sure we’ve done it all correctly.

Told D1 it seemed risky to only apply to three grad schools, since they all were in the top ten ranked programs in her intended field (two of them Ivy). She proved me wrong by getting in to all three.

I’m very pleased with myself for getting my tax doc’s in order. Now, I only have to wait for the stragglers and hand the bundle off to the CPA.

I was just accepted into the PhD program in American Culture at UMich. I am in shock.

Oh Romani, CONGRATS!!!