The Bragging Thread

Fingers crossed for your big trip, HIMom!

We just bought a house. All cash. :wink:

Drove 18 hrs straight. Only stopped 4 times for food and bathroom breaks. And I have a bad case of acid reflux. lol

Yep, the trip is 4/1, but I expect Iā€™ll be doing much better by then. We also have travel for May & June!

I married basically the first girlfriend I ever had. 20 years later and we are still together. She is also the only girl I ever made cry by breaking up with her. I broke up with her, obviously, before we were married because I liked another girl better and I had met the other girl first. But she was crazy so I ā€œsettledā€ for my now wife.

In an odd twist to this story, my friends laugh when I say this, Iā€™ve been married three times. To the same person. We got married under Texas common law because we were living together with kids so we wanted to get insurance, or something, but lost those papers so there was no proof. Then we did it again in a justice of the peace office but she, and I am not making this up, thought I staged all that so we had to get married again this time ā€œfor real.ā€ We really didnā€™t do any of them right. I kid with her sometimes and say we need to renew our vows. Yes, we are kind of crazy.

My youngest son just got his first job! He is the only one of that is actually working during school. Iā€™m proud of him for taking this on.

Happy Pi Day! I actually baked an apple pie today to celebrate. Itā€™ll be a hundred years before we have another date that is 3.14 15ā€¦ <:-P

D1 invited me on a short trip with her and her boyfriend. We went to an island, escaped the last of the winter woes and had a great time. And they paid for themselves. :slight_smile:

My middle daughter finally got her first job as an RN ! She passed her boards about two months ago , but still has two and a half semesters left to complete her nurse practitioner program :slight_smile:

Plus, it is a manageable schedule for her while she finishes her education
Much needed good news for our family !!

S got great job offer which he has accepted. Thrilled he has a job lined up before graduation! :slight_smile:

1. D2 got a summer internship job offer, and has an interview at her dream internship in a week.
  2. I advised my nephew to ask his new employer for moving stipend. He said he didnā€™t think they offered such benefit, but I encouraged him to ask for it anyway. I just got a text from him to thank me for the advice - they agreed to pay for his move.

We wrote out checks and signed for finalized tax return so that it can be filed EARLY and mailed this weekend! It is such a relief to have it out of the way before we head off for a trip in a week. I hate having things dangling and not knowing if we owe and how much. We paid more in taxes than we had expected but no complaints, just glad to be done!

Weā€™d like to sit down with a tax planner and have some ideas on things we can do to change things a bit to reduce taxes.

Just had the last of my 5 physical therapy sessions and am declared to be in GREAT shape. Will be heading off on the trip and packing the folding cane, ā€œjust in case.ā€ VERY HAPPY! Have regained much of my strength and flexibility, as well as balance. Hurrah!

After only her 6th time on skis, D went down the black diamond slope. She says sheā€™s the ā€œbest of the worst.ā€ LOL!

Spent the last 2 days helping someone who did me wrongā€¦for many years.
Iā€™m trying to build up some good karmas here. Donā€™t judge me. lol

Last night I logged in to check my main credit card, and discovered it had been cancelled because of a fraud problem.

This morning, while waiting to pull out of a parking lot, some knucklehead drive right into the side of my car and dented the doors up.

My brag isā€¦ I donā€™t care about either of these because I am on my way to New Zealand for 2 weeks. :smiley:

@LanaHere , I did something similar to that recentlyā€¦it felt good to rise above :slight_smile:

DH and I are going to the bank this morning and paying off the house!!! It wonā€™t leave us with much available cash, but will leave us with peace of mind and the ability to throw the monthly mortgage payment into savings and retirement roth. Take that, you awful Greentree predatory rude poorly run Loan Processing sharks!!!

Woo hoo anxiousmom! Congrats!! My DS and fiancee closed on their house yesterday! I call it the poor house because by buying it they liquidated all their savings (except retirement) and are now in the poor house. They will learn the meaning of living paycheck to paycheck for a whileā€¦

^^But at least they have the Bank of Mom and Dad behind them, should someone lose his/her job.

If he loses his job, weā€™ll kill him! Hoping the wedding gifts are $$. They have an option to make donations to non profits. Maybe now they qualify as a non profit!

Exciting times for the new couples and starting out like we did ages ago! The money wedding gifts for us bought our appliances for first house (washer, dryer, refrigerator) - had a few exchanges (3 crock pots) and got some things like a nice picnic basket and a large cooler (we still have both 35 years later!)

My brag is one DD (19) is ā€˜seeing someoneā€™ which now precedes the BF/GF stage.

4 or 5 weeks till end of semester and all is going well :slight_smile: