The Bragging Thread

Paroled at last!!! :smiley:

Yeah for GMT

Today, the deed from the sale of my house gets recorded!! Then they will release the funds!
It’s time to fully focus on adjusting to condo life - but not til I get back from the beach :wink:

DD2 has a great internship interview for Summer 2016. Prayers that she secures the position. It will save us search time and is our #1 choice! DD1 is applying to one hospital for PT work so that she will be an employee when she finishes her nursing degree May 2016. If that one doesn’t materialize, prayers that she gets her applications into other places in a timely fashion after her exams today and Wed.

We are done paying tuition, switched to paying a condo fees!

I have been considering buying a new garment for work but having a hard time justifying it because I only wear it a few times per year and costs a few hundred dollars. This morning, I had the great idea of renewing the existing garment instead by using a needle, thread, and remnants from slacks I hemmed to make a nice protective trim around the frayed collar (hides the fraying completely and provides a soft new neckline that resembles velvet). It turned out better than I had hoped and should provide many more years of service!

Congrats to you, MiamiDAP! It’s a great feeling!

S2 redid his patio, using pretty much only himself. He had a friend help with some serious digging, and used equipment rented from Home Depot to compact the soil and sand underneath the pavers. It looks fantastic and adds a lot of value to his house.

I am seeing a dietitian today to help with losing weight. Have built up my strength and tolerance to actually walk/jog 1.5 hours in 90 -95 degree heat (thankful for the shade and slight breeze). Can’t out-exercise my mouth, so hope the dietitian has a plan that works for me. I know some seniors that had some results working with a dietitian, so that has been encouraging. The first step is always the hardest.

S negotiated a raise–took meeting with boss, refusal to sign contract after smaller offer, and meeting with board member.
(He still doesn’t make much, but proud of S for standing up and saying “What I do is worth more than that.”)

Me: I scheduled my colonoscopy.

OK - so if I can stick to 1400 calories/day, I can lose a lb a week. Sensible plan presented. Now it is all up to me.

My son has started his own company with the help of a former employer. After just a few weeks, he will be breaking even. It’s a very hands-on construction-related industry with very little competition. This is a bright guy who never really “fit” in high school, but found his niche through military service, community college and on-the-job training. His path was very different from that of many on CC, but for him, it seems to have been the right one.

Continue cancer free, and sticking to the dietitian/diet plan, Getting a lot of exercise in too.

after years of on and off symptoms of GERD, I made appointment to see a gastroenterologist.

Kudos, FallGirl, and good luck with your appointment.

May be in a documentary film–will find out in the near future.

My art kid who never made it through college continues to piece together a career on her own terms. Working an additional job now that might include HEALTH INSURANCE and a 401K!!!

" Oh, the thinks we can think!"

I cut and donated a foot of my hair two days ago. This marks my 7th donation.

I got it cut pretty short and dyed it for the first time ever. I’m in love with it lol

What color did you dye it? I have friends who’ve had purple hair and blue hair!

My D recently landed an amazing job with a small firm that helps organizations improve healthcare delivery for underserved populations. She has been interested in this sort of thing since studying it in college, and she is thrilled that she can be a part of the change she feels is needed in this area.

@DonnaL I wanted to start slow because I honestly have no idea whether or not I’ll be able to maintain it (I am very, VERY lazy about my hair). I went from a light-medium brown color to roughly this with a little more red: http://blog.vpfashion.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Dark-cherry-red-indian-remy-clip-in-hair-extensions-SS443.jpg