The Bragging Thread

Definitely not for parents only. Congratulations, @novafan1225 – that is fantastic.

With max Pell Grant, a scholarship, a college grant, and a small loan, I officially have cost of tuition, room&board, meal plan, and other educational expenses covered. The brag in all of this is that I – I, am the only person paying for my education at my state university. ~O)

Have some good news to report and thought of this thread.

Just found out that I had paid off my 5-year car loan just a couple of days ago.

Had the car serviced (just oil change) at the dealer this afternoon and learned that California DMV will send us the title after the finance institute (from which we got the car loans 5 years ago) releases the lien.

I guess my credit score may be increased a little bit.

@mcat2 so now your credit score is a little higher…go buy a new car. :slight_smile:

@LanaHere, No. The rule number 1 before retirement: do not buy a big ticket item right before the retirement. (I know you are joking.)

Why should I get rid of the car when the car has a super low mileage. We manage to drive about 14K to 15K miles in 5 years, or less than 3000 miles a year. And we live in a large city and do not rely on public transportation at all. Also, this is the second car that we have bought with car loans in our life time. The other car bought with a car loan was bought in 1987. These two cars happen to be of the same model: Corolla.

Congrats on paying off your car loan. It feels so good not to owe anyone or any company $$$. If you save the money you were paying for your car payment toward your retirement, you can boost your savings without extra effort. Just have it automatically transferred out to a special savings/investment account so you never see the $$$ in your account.

Thanks.

We are actively downsizing our lives now because we own one car only between two of us. My wife drops me off every morning and picks me up every early evening during weekday.

We bought 3 brand new cars in our life time. But we bought many used cars before. We bought our first new car to take our new born from the hospital to our home.

It’s OFFICIAL: I spend way too much time on CC. This is my 10,000th post. I can finally join the 5-figure pantheon.

And it only took 5 years, 2 boarding school admissions cycles, 1 college admissions cycle, and two jail terms.

Two jail terms? Do tell.

Welcome to the club.

• I've written about 25 songs
  • I've written a novella and edited several books
  • I have performed (as a member of UW-Madison Concert Choir) at Kennedy Center and other famous places
  • I have a BA from UW-Madison in Journalism and an MBA from the Jack Massey School of Business at Belmont U in Music Business
  • I have an IQ of 146
  • I was good at, and happy in, my 5-year analyst position at a mid-sized telecom. When I was among the 8% of the company laid off by Corporate in the spring of 2014 during the annual Reduction in Force, I did not take a dime of unemployment money; rather, I slimmed down my budget and continued living on my iwn dime, in the face of uncertainty, until I found appropriate work six months later several states away.
  • ...several states away, because my fiancé and I decided we wanted to live closer to our family, most of whom are in Wisconsin and Iowa. We cast a net geographically between Madison and Cedar Rapids. Cedar Rapids won.
  • In the midst of this tumult, I was married to my Cynthesizer (Cynthia). I call her Cynthesizer because, in many ways, she provides the music in my life: she provides the chorded harmony that supports the melody of my will, hopes and dreams.
  • I have overcome eviscerating relationship heartache twice; in my life, the third time really was the charm.
  • Above everything, I am a good/supportive/loving friend, son, brother, nephew, cousin, grandson, and husband. Life is not about what you achieve for yourself; it's about what you do for others.

too late to edit – sorry for the book. hehe

Fun stuff: I once made five straight half-court shots in basketball practice. in high school though; I’d probably have trouble consistently finding the rim these days. :slight_smile:

@GMTplus7, it’s official that I spent too much time on C. I just posted my 10,000th post. But I don’t know how to highlight them in red yet.

ooh success!

do color=red and /color in brackets

I missed the = and that’s why it was not successful.

red?

green?
purple?
pink?
violet?
indigo?
blue?
magenta?
chartreuse?
orange?

let’s see

How cool!

I typed, using square brackets and not parentheses: (color = red) let’s see (/color)

http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css_colornames.asp

For color names!

instructions one by one please on colors- totally lost