The Bragging Thread

?? @2muchquan, is this ^^ a good thing? Is it because you are having fun? I hope so!

Not sure if itā€™s good @prospect1, but Iā€™m impressed by it! Before I started this college search 2nd career, I was in bed by 10:00 every night! And, I am finding it to be somewhat enjoyable. Itā€™s peaceful at that time of night. Even my teenage D is asleep well before me!

Yeah, Iā€™m beat by 10, could not stay up that late!

The older Iā€™ve gotten, the earlier I wake up in the AM and the earlier I go to bed in the PM. I get the worm now.

I gave a talk at a national Symposium on Patient Advocacy and it was very well received. I enjoyed giving it and got a LOT of positive feedback from it. Have also recruited quite a few people I was trying to recruit from this conference I was given complimentary registration for because I gave the talk.

Kiddo got a preliminary OK on her request for early graduationā€¦ fingers crossed!

I have saved my 1000th post to brag about my son, my hardworking oldest, who landed a dream job in his industry; a job that will pay him handsomely and reward him for a lifetime of being one of the most diligent and focused people I know. I feel so relieved that heā€™s not just launched, but acknowledged for what he has accomplished.

Last spring, I found a link to an internship program and forwarded it to a friend for her son. The application was due two days later and he was hesitant about filling it out but worked overtime to get it done. Two phone interviews later, he was offered the out of state summer internship - 40k for 10 weeks!

Last week, my friend told me that same company offered him a job in the city where he was attending school. A handsome salary with a signing bonus and relocation allowance. I am so excited for him!

^^^You should get a referral bonus!!

Well done @lilmom!

My kids need me to be friends with you.

Four thousand a week for an internship??? What field is this?

^^^^Yikes, thatā€™s a typo! It was 1k/week.

Well 1k a week is still awesome for an internship! Nice work lilmom!

Manually solved what looked almost like an Excel Solver minimization problemā€¦ Using a combo of miles, upgrade coupons, and airfare deals from the two nearby airports, got us 3 RT business class tickets to HI dirt cheap!!

Not sure if weā€™re allowed to brag about ourselves but just had to post somewhereā€¦ :slight_smile:

I just received a scholarship from my university I didnā€™t even apply for! I was automatically considered, logged into my scholarship portal by chance, and noticed I had a new scholarship offer! Iā€™m currently a freshman here, so I wasnā€™t expecting this (itā€™s for next year), especially this early and since I hadnā€™t heard about it before - or even got so much as an email about it. This was so needed I almost started crying. Makes me feel like what Iā€™m doing here is really worth it. :slight_smile: just so thankful.

Made it through the week!

YAYYYYY!!!
My sonā€™s first letter of acceptance arrived yesterday!!!

Followed by another today!!!

D just arrived home last night and S will be home for Thanksgiving and my dadā€™s birthday in less than 2 weeks! Canā€™t wait! Love having ā€œthe kidsā€ around whenever we can!

I finished my yoga studioā€™s fall challenge last night - 25 classes in 30 days.

A year ago I never would have thought this was possible :slight_smile: