The Bragging Thread

I just got a fantastic early Christmas present. My advisor’s revised book was released on Kindle today and I’m mentioned twice in the acknowledgment section as well as mentioned a few times when my research is presented throughout the book.

For a first year PhD student, I am over the moon at how lucky I am. I was the first to graduate high school on time in my family and now my name is in print for doing research I love and think is extremely meaningful.

Great thanksgiving present!

@romanigypsyeyes, Congratulations!

My D and boyfriend cooked supper for us tonight and it was really yummy!

I was told “to sit down and relax” :slight_smile:

I survived going to Publix at 7 pm the night before Thanksgiving. :slight_smile:

Congrats! I walked into Trader Joe’s at 3 pm today and decided it wasn’t worth it.

S gave D an iPad mini. I am delighted by his thoughtfulness and generosity!

Congrats, Romani. You are doing great!

My son is safely,landed with his “other” family. If these people became his in-laws, that would be great.

Daughter got all of her schoolwork completed before heading to her first ever Thanksgiving at her grandmother’s, so she will be able to really relax and enjoy her weekend with my mom.

Thank you, all!

And everyone have a great holiday. I wish you and your family safety and happiness on their travels and holiday.

Nice accomplishment, romani. Congrats.

Hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving.

Neighbor invited us for thanksgiving (after I bought a turkey on Tuesday), and asked us to bring rolls. When I stopped by Wal mart last night for the rolls, some of the fresh ones were already marked down. I will make my turkey on Friday before one of the chicks has to go back - so she can take leftover turkey. Thankful for good neighbors/friends. Enjoying my family.

Got some family pictures made at JCP Wed evening and they had a special going for Wed/Fri so was able to buy the digital images and some holiday cards pretty reasonably (the holiday cards were 29 cents if you bought a certain quantity - so essentially got 60 for the normal price for 12). H is not a fan of pictures, but the warm up done at home was a ‘bust’ (H looked like he was unhappy) so we landed in the studio.

He plays the banjo!

^^Who does? My son does, but not many other people.

I do! 5 string Scruggs style.

YAY!!! Acceptance # 3 arrived today!!!

I nailed a cheap mezzanine seat for Allegiance on Thursday night! Will be going to a wedding, hitting museums, and seeing a couple of CCers this week. Happy early birthday to me!

Not only did I resist all but a couple of small servings of the carb-heavy bad-for-me T-Day fare, I lost another pound! I am now down 28 pounds since July and got word last week that my numbers are ALL in normal range!

Way to go, sseamom, especially over the holidays. You can’t buy good health.

I did less laundry this T-Giving break than my D

So proud of D all over again. Just so cool!

BAMA wins SEC Championship back to back! Now onto post season play and hopes with National Title #16. DD in band her second year and is having a blast; hope she can get the ‘full experience’ this year with getting to National Championship and a win. Roll Tide! And I didn’t need CPR or having my heart shocked…nerve wracking though…