The Bragging Thread

DS is being flown to an interview, as a sophomore. I was 30, iirc, before anyone flew me to an interview and put me o in a hotel.

I’ve never been flown for an interview yet, but S has been, but most of his were on campus.

Our house is the first one on the block with Christmas lights on! :slight_smile: The secret: rope LED lights. They are invisible from a distance when not lit, so they stay on the roof year round. Takes 10 min for Mr. and one small trip up onto the roof to hook them up. The house looks festive and cheerful. :slight_smile:

Attended an annual conference where son did an oral presentation on a research he did over the summer. Beyond impress with how great he did. Was more impressed with his responses to questions posed by some of the most high powered researchers and MDs in the field.

I showed uncharacteristic Xmas self-restraint this year and selected a tree that actually fit inside the car.

Just finished the cookies for Thursday’s cookie exchange - GF coconut macaroons dipped in mint chocolate.

My son just got elected as President of the Harvard Lampoon.

Over Thanksgiving break S2 received his graduate school offer from the University of Oxford! He is psyched! !e are proud! Way cool!!! This will be an interesting journey. Bring on the tea and crumpets!

S1 graduates at the top of his grad school class next week. He put himself through grad school & paid for it while working full time. He bought a condo in Sept, ran the Marine Corps Marathon (3:40) in Oct, and will receive his Master’s degree in Dec. This is the same S1 who 10 years ago finished dead last in his HS cross-country meets, graduated HS with a 2.9 gpa, resigned from college in the first 48-hrs, worked at Starbucks & went to community college, then transferred to UVA. He’s grown up to become the kind, amazing young man I always knew he was. I am so proud of this kid!
Never, NEVER give up on the kid on the couch!

^^^^^Awesome!! Sometimes they’re just not ready when we want them to be ready.

Great posts on this page! Congrats to all.

Kajon, just two words: * Road Trip!*

First, @12rmh18, congratulations on staying the course. I have one with a similar educational history, having just transferred from CC to his state flagship. His GPS seemed to have been set for the scenic route :slight_smile:

Not a brag as such, but after waiting 2 years, 2 months, and a few days after putting down my deposit on a Tesla Model X, I have been invited to configure my car (for delivery in “early 2016”).

@IxnayBob - Egads
 I hope Mr. B has not received this email yet. What (ballpark) number in line were you?

My dorm mates & I won an “air band” contest back in the day, to the tunes of The Partridge Family. Spent the $20 prize at “quarter-beer” night. LOL!

@BunsenBurner, I was Production (not Founder or Signature) reservation #6,xxx.

Thanks! Egads. Same here!!! :slight_smile: The damn thing will be blue.

I am excited like a damn teenager. I don’t care about cars, really, always taking my wife’s hand-me-downs happily. Still undecided between blue and silver; had always wanted a silver car after DW’s hand-me-down black cars, but that blue sure looks mighty pretty. We had better look out, mods will be after us for having a dialogue. :slight_smile:

It’s the “Say It Here” thread where you can’t have a dialog. Here it’s ok.

So keep chatting while we all live vicariously. :wink:

Whoop
 whoop. D2’s SO and I pulled off a good one. SO proposed to her today, and she was given a ring where the main stone was from my original engagement set - she had no idea she was getting it! Even she said she can’t believe I pulled off this secret for almost a year, much less her SO. So much fun! Maybe I’m a good secret keeper after all!

Okay then @notrichenough :). Tomorrow I’m going to the Tesla store and seeing the blue and silver paint samples in person. Then, I’m going to do possibly the least financially responsible thing I’ve done since my youth: ordering the Performance version of the car instead of the standard one, an increase of $20k, not because I need the performance (0-60 in 4.8 seconds is fast enough, I don’t need to do it in 3.8 seconds), but because after waiting this long, I am unwilling to wait the 6 months longer it will probably take before they build the cars with lower margins.

Some options are made standard with the P model, and it should have some effect on resale, but net net I think I’m indulging my impatience to the tune of $10k. That doesn’t belong on a bragging thread, but rather on a “feeling sheepish” thread.

So, if you’re living vicariously, does that mean you also vicariously feel sheepish about this? Truth be told, I’m so excited there’s not too much room for sheepishness :))