The Bragging Thread

Sheepish? No.

Jealous? Yes.

Is the performance option the same as ludicrous mode on the model S?

Get the blue. :smiley:

Teri - YAY!!! Congrats!!!

Thanks BB
 one good thing about CC is no one here really knows her, so I can tell you guys now, despite having been warned not to say anything to anyone until the end of the week when they’ve had a chance to tell the people in person they want to tell. This part of the secret is harder than the ring. But truly
 she was shocked - I guess that doesn’t speak too highly of me - you all have been forewarned!

@notrichenough, The performance option is roughly equivalent to “Insane” mode (the precursor of Ludicrous). Ludicrous, for the insane price (see what I did there?) of an additional $10k lowers the 0-60 time to 3.2 seconds. I decided that being insane was sufficient, and I didn’t need to be ludicrous.

I was leaning more towards silver, but I will decide tomorrow :slight_smile:

Teri, huge congrats to you and everyone else!

I’ve never seen a tesla I didn’t like.

I fixed it. All by myself!

I know a Tesla I don’t like - the (for now) hypothetical one in our garage. :smiley:

I resisted buying a pair of shoes today. :slight_smile:

@bjkmom what schools have accepted already to have gotten 3? exciting!

Earned a 3.71/4.0 gpa after taking 17 units this semester. GOML /:slight_smile:

I had to google GOML. Of course.

We are proud of NOT buying and sending a gift to DS’s GF for this holiday. Instead, we sent DS a care snack package which he could share with her if he chooses to. We believe it is the better way to go for now, after having consulting with CCers here.

We want to avoid having the burden of finding and sending gifts on us, and more importantly, on them, every holiday season, from now on. We do not want to be helicopter parents any more.

The package costs us about $50 only. It is like a typical healthy snack package from parents to their college kid. We are proud of making this decision, despite that one of my coworkers said this to me when I told him about this decision: “Do you send THAT to her?! It is not a present!” (No, it is not for her. It is a typical care package for our own son.)

DS has received the care snack package and sent us a “thank you” iMessage. This is just a regular package we often send to him, especially when there is a need (e.g., need to forward a card to him.) I think neither DS nor his GF would regard this as a Christmas gift.

The chocolate costs only $17 after holiday discount from Walmart but several other favorite treats were also included in the package. (even though they could easily bought some of them at their nearby WholeFood store.)

So no burden on either of them to return a gift to us. This is what we prefer to have.

Several brags here:

S2 called. (That’s extraordinary in the first place.) We had a one-hour conversation. (That’s extra-extraordinary, in the second place.) He told me all about the conference he went to in Maui last week. The topic was renewable energy, which is related to his PhD topic. He was perhaps the most junior PhD student there, having been selected to attend with three others by his research adviser. (He’s only mid-way through his second year.) He rubbed elbows with lots of other people from around the world who are studying the same sorts of things he is (Japanese students, a fellow from Cambridge U, several from Georgia Tech, a woman from Princeton). He presented on his research on Thursday morning to the entire conference in a general session. He was one of a few students to be awarded a prize for his presentation. :slight_smile:

(And did I mention we had a one-hour conversation??!!)

Had a nice productive two days. We bought a lovely Seiko watch from Costco for our favorite allergist. It was WAY too big for her petite wrist, so I took it home and H took out about 8 links until it fit my wrist and D’s (as the allergist is just between our wrists). I brought it to her today and she LOVED it and is very pleased. I told her not to worry about it as it is water resistant to 30 meters and will last. It also doesn’t need batteries as it is solar powered and uses any ambient lighting.

I noticed some spots on a 3/4 sleeve holiday tshirt I was wearing. Someone said it was bleach and couldn’t be removed, so I shortened the sleeves (cutting off the portion that was discolored with bleach spots) to make it a nice short-sleeved shirt and it looks great!

Lost 4.5 lbs in one week!

Great, JYM! Congrats!

What’s the old joke, HImom- my goal was to lose 10 lbs this year. Only 15 to go!

JYM, how? Did you have a colonoscopy?

Hmmm
 now there’s a thought. Another few lbs could be shed