The Bragging Thread

@AllThisIsNewToMe : Oh, my goodness. That has tears streaming down my face.

We just received invitation to an out of town Christmas family party yesterday.
We have 15 kids from toddlers to college students to give gifts. No time for shopping. My wife and I decide to give each some little thing and cash. We are leaving town in a couple hours.

Just putting away this week’s laundry, which had more exercise clothes than everyday clothes. Now THAT I am proud of!!

Son has been accepted to all 5 of the colleges he applied to with good merit at all and an invitation to interview for the Honors College elite scholarships that only 10% of Honors college accepted students are invited to participate .

struggling to find something to brag about… I made Yorkshire pudding yesterday for the first time and it was a huge success! With that boost of self-confidence, I think I will try making Norwegian butter cookies today. And my house looks pretty good for Christmas.

Made a yummy dinner for the three of us (only S1 could make it home this year). Very happy that S1 seems comfortable with us now that he’s an adult.

“Momma Mia” and the Downton Abbey Season 6 Xmas Finale are back-to-back on Diva Asia TV channel-- joy! :smiley:

Two brags for me:

DS made final college loan payment! He paid the $40K off in 15 months!,

DD got tired of working at Arby’s and got a new job at Meineke as an oil change, mount, balance tires person. Plus a $2 per hour pay increase. This is a huge step for my severely introverted and subject to panic attacks DD. We are so proud of her. One more semester and she’ll be done with auto mechanics classes.

Those are absolutely awesome brags, ChuckleDoodle.

S moved out on his own today. He has trouble with change, so this is a big deal. We are thankful for his GF, who gave him the push he needed to do it.

@ChuckleDoodle, Congrats to your S. Many parents would like to have the chance to brag about the same for their S/D some day.

PIA (most of the time) FIL thanked us for wanting to visit - talked really nicely to GD1 and GD2 and me. He wants to be liked but his words and actions cause stress and dislike so much of the time. MIL and FIL are getting very debilitated.

We had a really nice Christmas. There was only one drama, but it brought us closer.

I got 2 job offers before xmas. I am very excited with my decision.

D2 just had a best academic semester. She said it made her smile when she looked at her grades.

I can’t wait to do our taxes, should get a nice refund (between child credit and AOTC).

Daughter just got a $1000 local scholarship check in the mail today. She applied for it last spring and when she never heard she assumed that she didn’t get selected. A happy new year surprise.

S1 told us that he is going to ask his GF to marry him this coming March.

:slight_smile:

Congrats to them, and to you, VH.

S16 just passed the state EMT certification test!

I just did the preview version of our and D’s tax return and figured out our EFC with the 2016-17 formula.

I think I did it correctly because I checked it with last year’s numbers and the 2015-16 EFC formula and it came out to the EFC on the SAR from last year.

I am happy that the EFC went down from last year and maybe we will get a bigger state grant.

The only variable is D’s balance in her bank account when we actually submit FAFSA. But it will not change much.

I am such a nerd.

Tried on a sweatshirt given to me for Xmas…and it fits!