The Bragging Thread

Today I graduated from elementary school!!! That probably doesn’t sound like much to brag about, but I have had at least one of my kids in elementary school without a break since 1992. It has been a long road–7 kids, 5 states, 4 schools, homeschool/2 co-ops, etc., etc.

Had a middle school graduation and a college graduation this week, too. Can I sit down and cry now? Or should I break out the champagne?

Go with the champagne, atomom! Congrats. :slight_smile:

Wow, atomom. You’ve earned the champagne.

24 years of kids in elementary school?? Oh my goodness. Champagne and dinner out, at least.

D2 is graduating with high honor and has a job waiting for her. More importantly, this will be the first year no one is on my payroll. I am going to have to declare 0 dependent on my tax returns. Bitter sweet.

Yes, you read that right–and it wasn’t a typo: 24 years. (And yes, those kids are all mine. . .) Champagne it is! (D made dinner–how nice!)

Finally caved and got a wheelchair. I’m no longer mostly homebound (and completely during the worst flares). I even went on a family walk around the block.

The dog child isn’t sure about the wheelchair. She keeps trying to “rescue” me lol.

Congrats on feeling better @romanigypsyeyes . Also congrats on getting a WC to increase your independence. That’s a hard decision to make .

Romani. I’m so sorry this is happening to you. I have a daughter who has had some signifigant and visible health challenges these last ten years. I will say struggling through these challenges has made her a very resilient young woman.

Stay strong. I’m so glad you have found a wonderful partner to help you through the rougher patches.

Thank you both. Sax, I hope your daughter is doing better or at least has hit a place of stability.

While I won’t say I’m happy about getting sick, if it was going to happen, it couldn’t have happened at a better time. My support system is wonderful and I’m in a position where I can afford all the medical stuff I need without struggle.

Also, the dog has made peace with the chair. She will now even sit on my lap while I’m on it :). I thought it would take a while but she quickly came around.

Ah, so close to FINALLY getting D’s insurance status clarified after being in limbo since November (or really September). They sent us a form stating that she IS covered, but sadly had someone else’s name, claim number, and child listed, NOT ours! Fortunately, I have the email address of the person who incorrectly completed the form and sent her the form with a request that she complete it CORRECTLY and fax a copy of the corrected form to our insurer and me, so we can get things moving properly! So close–can almost taste it! :-" >:D<

H says that woman who sent us the form is either terribly overworked or starting to have some serious lapses, mixing HIS data with some stranger’s data. I just hope she can do it correctly so we can get things moving before the providers get unhappy with us for the lag in paying them.

opps wrong thread…

I went shopping today and did not buy ANYTHING! :smiley:

S2 has finished all his classes to get his MS. His GPA is 3.96. Yeah, I know graduate school is different than undergrad, but I’m still a proud mama.

VH, our profs failed students in grad school. We got graded on the curve, too. So yeah… Grad school or not - that is a stellar GPA. :slight_smile: Congrats to him.

Thanks, BB.

And I don’t even understand the names of his courses. :slight_smile:

Freshman D got a 4.0 second semester at UMIch. 3.8 first semester.

Got an email reply that the corrections were made to the form and D now DOES have retroactive insurance to the date she turned 26! The faxed the corrected form to our insurer. I will ask the insurer to call me first thing today, so I can get a copy of the corrected form (I was NOT faxed one, despite my request).

Yippee! Am SO relieved we are DONE with this crazy limbo of D not having any insurance status! :x :smiley: =D>

Do tell - what exactly happens? :wink:

Check out the title of the thread and the title of this section of the forum. #-o