The Bragging Thread

Managed to walk through TWO outdoor markets today without any walking assistance. I’ve been using a walker and wheelchair for a few months now but I’m working through physical therapy and other treatments and it seems as though the hard work is finally paying off :slight_smile:

I was with my mom and afterwards she told me how proud she was of how far I’d come. I never thought I’d tear up over being able to walk (also never thought my mom would have to be proud of me for being able to walk).

Congrats @romanigypsyeyes . Have you ever considered aquatic therapy? Even
just walking in the water can help build strength and balance.

@carolinamom2boys yes! Mr R and I finally bought memberships to a rec center the town over from us. We have been swimming almost every day (I use “swimming” loosely lol) and I’ve been water walking in the lazy river. I think it’s really helping and I wish I would’ve started earlier.

Good for you, Romani. It sounds like you are quite a resilient young woman. A great quality to have as you navigate through life. Hats off to you.

Great @romanigypsyeyes . So glad it’s paying off.

I have one week left before completing my Masters in Information Technology Management! I have two papers that I have to write and if all goes well, will graduate with a 4.0 GPA. Woo hoo. Contemplating (heck… going to) apply for a PhD program. Waiting to see if my employer will cover tuition.

Wow, ChuckleDoodle, fingers crossed for your papers! Go for that PhD if the $$ ducks will line up in a row for you. Congrats.

So nice to hear what a great teacher my son is.

Just turned in my capstone portfolio project! Keeping my fingers crossed that it gets an “A”. If it does, my Master’s Degree in Information Technology Management with a Project Management Specialization is complete…with a 4.0 GPA. Not bad for a 53 year old who returned to school in 2013 and got a Bachelor degree, now Master’s, while working full time and dealing with a hubby who went through radiation and chemo! Yay me.

I would celebrate but my D and I went to NYC last month to see Hamilton! hmmm… maybe we need to see it in Chicago? :wink:

And… I just submitted my application for a doctoral program that starts in August. If I’m accepted, I’ll have 3 more years of school and then I can be called Doctor Mom. :wink:

It’s my parents 26th wedding anniversary today. That’s not the brag though.

The brag is that I’m the only person who remembered… including my parents!

S1 is receiving a national award in his specific field for most outstanding doctoral thesis (which he completed almost 2 years ago, but there’s a lengthy process for the award). The nice thing for him is that it comes with a $2000 cash award.

We are all awesome!!!

My son rescued a tiny sick kitten today that was standing in the middle of a busy intersection.

Congrats South Carolina’s Coastal Carolina Cavaliers for winning the College World Series.

Sweet D (college class of 2016) just got two job offers today, When it rains it pours! Accepted the job with the non-profit foundation in her field and is moving to Cambridge MA area next week. She is very excited and we are very relieved!

@carolinamom2boys - it’s the “Chanticleers”, whatever the heck those are.

Sorry @notrichenough . Autocorrected to cavaliers .Chanticleers are roosters. Coastal Carolina’s baseball team.

D has been pulled aside 3 times this week by higher ups and praised for her hard work and skill set that she brought to her job. She apparently is extremely well liked and has raised everyone’s spirits in what was a difficult office milieu. Today she was awarded a bonus.

She has been there 3 months :smiley:

D2 finally got the security clearance to start her new job. I think it is a brag that she didn’t fail.
Oh, she also got her first credit card.

My son actually wrote and left a thank you note to his relatives when he visited them. WITHOUT me reminding or nagging him.

That was an awesome final game. I am very happy for the team, the coaches, and the Chanticleers fans. Both Arizona and Coastal Carolina’s players and coaches were grateful and gracious in the final press conference. Love, love, love the College World Series. Attending is on my bucket list.