The Bragging Thread

So glad to hear from you @boysx3! Great report on the wedding and @CountingDown chuppah!

Mazel tov, boysx3. Nice to hear from you on such a happy occasion.

My youngest is engaged!

What wonderful news!!

Thank you!
No idea yet of their timing or style.
Her sibs are married already - brother/wife with a rehearsal dinner, reception, day after brunch; sister/husband with Moms only at City Hall on the other coast, casual backyard party for the newlyweds back east a couple of months later.
I’m game for whatever!

Was able to work with my provider and insurer to get the equipment I needed from the ONE place in our state that had it, even though they threw up one obstacle after another, repeatedly told us misinformation and lies, tried to scare and trick me into getting something which was different from what my doctor ordered, tried to blame my insurer, and tried to wait until the testing that was done had expired, but FINALLY got the items delivered as promised. It took many weeks and a lot of time by me and the med center where my MD practices. I was fortunate that the person working with me from my med center is a retired major and a nurse practitioner and used to dealing with difficult companies and situations.

People who have made similar attempts to get identical equipment in HI and around US have mostly been unsuccessful. I am surprised and relieved we were able to prevail, but sad hat it takes so long and wastes so much time and energy of so many people.

I booked a housecleaner to come on Thursday for the dinner DH is throwing for his team on Saturday. Hope the house still looks presentable by then.

That’s great, countingdown! I know you could really use the support!

S1 has been home with us for a couple of weeks. S2 is flying in today to join us, so the nuclear family will be together again! Since they’re 31 and almost 27, this happens less and less often.

Of course I have a big dinner planned. :smiley:

Going to MSU with D17 for a school visit. Not much of a brag, but you must realize… I went to UofM(ich).

Finished my Master’s degree with a 4.0 GPA. Got accepted at Capitol Technology University for the Management and Decision Sciences doctorate program! Woo hoo… in ~3 years, I can be ‘Doctor’ Mom. :slight_smile:

Niece made the Dean’s List and gets to keep her scholarship. B-) Someone else also made it…

attended D’s orientation for nursing school today. very proud that she was able to get accepted in the program. lots of disappointed students were not able to get a spot.

Yippee! Just got a great emcee for our 10th annual COPD Ed Day, she does s weekly radio show about various health topics and is a fabulous speaker. She’s also an internist and fascinating person. She also invited me to talk on her show a few weeks before our event, to promote it and talk about lung health.

Check out my new picture/avatar. We just got a new puppy. :smiley:

@VeryHappy - Oh how cute! How are your other two liking the new addition?

Well, my male (the tri-color) has always been playful and personable and he is getting along with her very well. My oldest, a female, has become somewhat of a curmudgeon in her old age – she’s 13. And she’s not so welcoming.

But they’ll work it out.

Gotta love Aussies @VeryHappy .Ours is 10.

We got the third one because two Aussies just isn’t enough.

Congratulations, @VeryHappy! Lucky you!