The Bragging Thread

I ate there about 30 years ago, and it was delicious and a lot of fun. Loved seeing the students in the kitchen.

OK, I’ve set the target date: July 24, 2018.

I’ll retire after 40 years with this employer; but I reserve the right to change my mind (and bail earlier - since that milestone gives me nothing more than personal satisfaction).

Round numbers are nice, but at the end of the day, they don’t matter a whit.

My daughter has accepted a job in the bay area at the company where she interned last summer! It’s far, and there was a lot of deliberation about the high cost of living , but she loves the company so she is taking the plunge.

He got the job!!!

Graduated!!! :slight_smile:

Kid took the SAT as a freshman and scored a 2150 so did not intend to take it again. This year she took PSAT as a junior and her SSI was a 224 which will qualify her to move pretty far along in the National Merit Scholarship qualifying. It meant she had to take the SAT again to have a current score to validate her PSAT score was not a fluke. She went in to the SAT last month completely cold (as with all of her testing) and overtired. Got her scores last week. 760 on English/Writing section and 800 on Math. Woo hoo!!

Got the reimbursement from insurance from CCard company due to smashed rear hatchback glass. It took about 9-10 weeks and required sending in the paperwork and then more paperwork, but they paid 100% of what rental company charged us for replacing the glass.

DD and SIL’s offer on a house in Berkeley was accepted by the seller! (fingers crossed for them, still showing ‘active’ on the listing)

just a year out of college and she will be supervising the summer intern - so proud

I was awarded my first outside (of department & grad school) fellowship today! It’s not enough to get me out of a semester of teaching or anything but it is enough to fund me for a few weeks as I dig into archives in another state :slight_smile:

ChoatieSergeant safely rapelled out of a helicopter today and will get his air assault wings tomorrow. He will go on to be a platoon sergeant at “Beast” this summer–now it’s his turn to yell at the incoming Plebes. Can’t believe he’s a junior. Where does the time go?

Update:
D & SIL’s house now says pending; they locked at 3.55%.
Time to look at flights

Hope the lender will be able to do appraisal and all other formalities before the lock expires! :)>-

So proud of my D. She suffers from anxiety but went on a week long trip with 3 friends to Austin Tx to the RTX convention where they expected 15,000 people. A 1400 mile drive each way. So far, so good. The one thing that has saved her sanity- her own room. :wink:

I just checked dd’s senior year tuition bill. I don’t owe anything. There is actually a credit due to scholarships. Glad she will be graduating debt free but now she wants to apply to med school. That is going to be costly.

Mr R and I went to high risk OBGYN this morning and
 I’m cleared for pregnancy :slight_smile: It will still be risky but moreso for the baby than for me. There are a few more tests that they’re running on me but it’ll basically be to see how closely they have to monitor me.

I will still be high risk. I am still at risk for some problems. But we all made the decision that they are risks we’re comfortable with.

This will not be for a year or so because I want to lose my illness weight.

Congrats, @romanigypsyeyes and Mr R! That’s great news! Losing weight prior to pregnancy sounds like a good plan as well. Heck I remember gaining 20 pounds one month with my 1st pregnancy because our scale was broken and made me think I was losing weight!

Great news, romani. Medical technology is so much better for handling high-risk pregnancies than when most of us had our kids.

@romanigypsyeyes great news. So happy for you!