The Bragging Thread

Same, except I’m a sophomore in high school. That’s such an amazing accomplishment!

I struggle with public speaking and I’m really scared that this will prevent me from doing things in high school that require leadership skills. During discussions, I always have something good to say but never say it out of fear since it’s hard for me to talk in front of a lot of people.

Do you have any tips?

^^Maybe you should start a new thread on that - you will get more responses. This thread is just a place to post “brags”, so not all posters look in here.

Go Army! That was an incredible win. :slight_smile:

DD (high school freshman ) auditioned for concert band today and got first chair in her instrument! Only five play her instrument, but still :slight_smile:

Also, I’m kinda proud of my state of birth (but not residence) tonight…

@inthegarden, I’m proud of your daughter, and your state of birth as well! =D>

OMG–S just got his dream internship that I thought he had absolutely no chance of getting. He was driving home from college for Xmas break and had to pull over for a phone interview, which he was so excited to tell us about when he got home. Just I was saying, “That’s nice, but don’t count your chickens…” S got an email offering him the internship. (Logistically, this is going to be difficult, but S is thrilled.)

Ran another 5K yesterday and actually made it into the awards. Took 3rd place (out of 12) in my age group.

For a kid who grew up unathletic and uncoordinated this is huge. It took me over 60 years to accomplish anything in the way of sports!

S19 got 1600 on his SAT! I think he’s still in a bit of a shock.

I did it! I got all 268 tulip bulbs (rashly ordered in a last-minute, late-fall panic) into the ground, complete with bone meal and compost. Something to dream about all winter… can’t wait to see that jewel-box!

Wow, that will be a lovely array of tulips! Please switch your avatar to the blooming tulips this spring so we can ooh & ahhh and dream!

@Hlmom thanks! I will try…I haven’t yet had success transferring my photos to the forum (THAT is not my forte!)

If I can post a photo (tho not oriented correctly) as my avatar, anyone can do it!

Son, a junior at the Ohio State University, just secured a summer internship position on his own. Campus Career Center helped with resume and interview skills but he wasn’t able to get position through the on-campus recruitment process. This makes his finding internship on his own even more rewarding for him and for happy parents who dreaded him having to come home for another summer of camp counselor lol.

My teenager emptied and filled the dishwasher today without anyone asking her too. Small victories!

18 months ago I was questioning whether S would be good enough to pursue his sport in college. He has put an incredible amount of time and work into it, along with taking a rigorous AP schedule in school.

Recently the most respected and followed college recruit ranking in his sport listed him in the top 10 in the country for his class and position, and he is being recruited heavily by 5 top 20 D1 programs, along with several others.

Successfully handled over a week with elderly in-laws and relatives, including planning and making meals, along with all clean up for 6 - 9 people (clean up included no dishwasher)…only twice was a relieved of kitchen clean up. Didn’t let sometimes grumpy unappreciative MIL to spoil my days. H was more ready to ‘get out of Dodge’ than I was!

While visiting colleges, an elderly man was having lots of trouble with his breakfast, but declined offers from nearby adults offering help. He sat next to us and spilled a good amount of coffee. I just sat as I knew he didn’t want my help. My daughter realized he would be less reluctant to dismiss her, and she helped him clean up. Not sure if the emotions I felt can be understood just reading about it, she truly treats people like she would want to be treated.

D2 just saw her posted grades. Straight A’s!! So proud as she transferred to a new school this year, worked part-time, and had a kidney infection just before finals. What a trooper!

4.0 for first semester in college engineering!

My advisor just offered me a research position next fall so I don’t have to teach.

I’m taking this as a good sign that she thinks I’ll pass my oral exams next week and will thus be here in the fall…