The Bragging Thread

@oldfort - prepare to scream even louder when she passes the bar exam. Start training now! :wink: Congrats.

BB - no need to stress me out, let me just live this moment for one day. :slight_smile:

4.8 this semester, highest semester yet. Also deferred by northeastern when i was convinced I’d get rejected!!:))

First-time poster on this thread (I think).

My HS junior son made all-state band as first chair percussionist! We are all so proud (although he says it’s no big deal).

Before he received the results, he said he was not happy with how he did in the audition.

Great weekend planned: Billy tonight (will he play Miami 2017 in Tampa 2018?) with pre-show dinner at the Arena, then will have VIP lounge privileges tomorrow night to watch some hockey and honor Vinny Lecavalier.

D accepted into PhD program! Takes the heat off for the rest of application season. She knows she will get some rejections so nice to know at least one place likes her.

I have a lemon tree in my kitchen. (It lives on the deck in the summer.) Just picked my first crop of 4 big lemons, and made a pitcher of lemonade. It was good!

Took apart my 15 year old gas cooktop today to figure out why half the igniters don’t work any more.Diagnosed the problem and found a used replacement part on eBay (the manufacturer doesn’t make this part any more) and snagged it with 12 minutes left on the listing. Fixed it temporarily with a paper clip until the new part gets here. Got everything back together without breaking anything.

Maybe I have a future in appliance repair. :D/

@notrichenough You clearly do!

Thought of you @audiophile when we were at the art garfunkel concert tonight

D1 & D2 are taking me on a girls’ spa weekend for my birthday (it’s actually D1 paying and D2 signing the card).

D1 passed all 3 levels of the CFA on her first try. Tough while working long hours. So happy for her.

Happykid had 29 interviews (more than any other design candidate in her field that day) at the URTA in Chicago last month. She had one not-unexpected offer, and one kind-of-a-surprise offer first thing on Monday. She liked her tour of the MFA program at UMD-CP well enough to keep it on her short-list, and after looking at the numbers and programs for Offer1 and Offer2, sent sweet thanks-but-no-thanks emails. More not-huge-surprise emails from several other MFA programs in the past week, but no more firm admission and aid offers yet. Campus visits scheduled for her current #1 and #2, and visit to #3 is penciled in. I just realized today that since there are no must-accept-by-March-5 offers on the table, she may well be able to visit #4 and #5 and actually think things through sometime later in March. Yay!

After all these years, I get to be the bragging mom of a much-solicited applicant. “Oh yes, Happykid turned down A and B because she felt the programs weren’t quite right for her.” “Oh yes, she’s flying to visit C and D where she is being considered for full aid for her MFA.”

Am I obnoxious enough yet? :wink:

Truly though, this is a bit of a nail-biter. Her #1 (for now) offers exceptional support (full-ride plus conference travel) for their MFAs, but only admits every two years. If she really, really likes them after she visits, but doesn’t get an offer, she will have to think long and hard about waiting to apply again in 2020, or to roll with a different choice.

So very glad that she is smart about the money. Offer1 was binned as soon as she understood that the aid was less than half of tuition. Admission everywhere still on her list would come with at least full tuition plus a stipend good enough for books and health insurance.

Ods and DIL have bought a house!!!

Daughter named among the top 10 investors by the professional investing people’s group.

My kid has a verbal job offer!!!

Ods and wife bought a house!

What does “Ods” mean?

Our dear son?

Older dear son