The Bragging Thread

My daughter was awarded an Honorable Mention in the Scholastic Art and Writing competition for her Common app essay.

No money, but still, absolutely something for her to brag about :wink:

DD was chosen from on campus technical job fair for an interview the next day on campus, with a company that she wants to work for if they extend a job off
which she will know by end of March (number of sites; HQTR determines final hires). Excellent pay. I have a good feeling about this one
DD graduates in May.

DS was offered a spot in the computing honors program at the school he wants to go to. It’s a very small honors program that you must test into, he is over the moon!

I was able to walk my mom through on how to delete an app on iphone and re-install it over the phone. My mother’s English was limited and my Chinese technical language was also challenged. I think I missed my calling.

Gave great niece and great nephew each a “sharing gift” at other great niece’s 1st birthday party. When the 2 year old great niece was starting to melt down, gave her the sharing gift and successfully distracted her with her new toy, which she loved! (It was a FisherPrice tractor with little farmer and gate.). Got her older brother a tractor LEGO kit which he was proud to note was for age 5, his age. Both little ones seemed to love their sharing gifts.

Being a great aunt is fun!

Happykid has been accepted to her first choice MFA program! Yay! Three years, fully-funded and the cost of living means she will be able to afford a decent one bedroom apartment and not need to have roommates. Something she has been wishing for for a while.

My D just received an internship offer to work in the Finance Dept of one of the companies working to bring the Super Train to California. If all goes well, after she graduates next year she will be offered a permanent position and be placed in a 3 year program to learn all financial aspects of the company. She is beyond excited. She also has an interview with Wells Fargo next week. So happy for her.

@Chumom Way cool!

DS finished 7th in the state for TSA team Coding competition
impressive part was that his 2 teammates never made it to the competition so he had to compete solo vs 3 man teams and still qualified for nationals.

This isn’t even about my own kid, lol. Last night I accompanied my daughter to see the spring musical at her former high school. She was in last year’s production when she was a senior and she was fortunate to be home for spring break during this year‘s production. She was really excited to go see all of her theater friends who are still in the high school. Anyway, they did Les Miserables and they were amazing! I was so proud of them that I even had dreams about congratulating many of them last night!

After a slow start, our son ended up with 5 internship offers for this summer. Locations in Massachusetts, Virginia, Texas, Oregon, and California. In the end he chose the offer from the one start-up in the bunch. Lowest pay, most interesting work, working closely with founders (tech industry PhDs). Proud that he took experience over money. Now’s the time to take chances.

DS18 placed second in the greater Dallas Area Chinese Bridge competition (not sure how Austin is considered part of the greater Dallas Area but for this program it is). This is the first time our school participated in this event so I’m really proud DS did so well not really knowing what to expect. There were some amazing students! The young woman that took first place was just spectatular and I’m sure she’ll take first place in Nationals.

Yay! D is getting much more comfortable and proficient as assistant director and loving the work and crew.

She was pleasantly surprised to be able to sing Hungarian to a Hungarian who said her pronunciation was perfect while singing. :slight_smile:

What a wonderful thread. I laughed at a bunch! Finally started to plan our 11 day vacation to Lancaster (love the Amish), Boston, Maine and a day trip to NYC. Any suggestion of places to see or go would be great

We stayed at a B&B in Mt Joy. It was on a creek and they had tons of baby animals. D was so delighted we had to drag her away to eat meals—she just was entranced by all the animals. We had use of a rowboat and loved rowing around in the stream/creek. Good times!

Actually @Nurse001, you’ll get lots more responses if you start a new thread. This one is about happy brags.

My freshman D has two excellent summer internship offers. Yay, my kid is somewhat employable in her chosen field already!!!

Small victories: left for vacation and didn’t think twice about my wheelchair. I haven’t needed it in months but usually bring it just in case. Not this time! :slight_smile:

My freshman in college just got all her grades in. 3.82 freshman year. So proud :slight_smile:

Grand-dau was born with great timing; healthy and perfect, and DD1 is also healthy and perfect! DD2 just graduated from college and we have just finished a bang up week for our family. Feel very blessed!

A personal brag:

I was visiting S1 and DIL in North Dakota, until yesterday. I flew from Fargo to Chicago to connect with a flight to Westchester Airport. On my Fargo flight were three other people (probably 30 to 40 years old) also flying to Westchester. I asked them why they were in Fargo and it turns out they had all run in and completed the Fargo marathon, which took place on Saturday. One woman has completed at least one marathon in all 50 states! Very impressive.

When we finally landed in Chicago, we only had 25 minutes until our next flight left – and it was literally all the way on the other side of O’Hare! We all power walked to the next gate, and I could not only keep up with them, but I was actually leading the charge. They were all most impressed and invited me to run with them next time.

(And Yeah, we made the flight.)

So I think that deserves a brag. :slight_smile: