The Bragging Thread

I finally successfully defended my prospectus (guideline to my dissertation) and am now officially ABD (all but dissertation).

After a rocky, crammed semester, I essentially failed my prospectus defense with my committee- the last step between me and being officially done with every hurdle except my dissertation. So they gave their feedback and I resubmitted. Since the failure in April, I have been under an enormous amount of stress, even considering dropping out of my program due to feelings of inadequacy. The prospectus defense is just supposed to be a formality and I couldnā€™t even do that.

But, alls well that ends well :). Definitely needed some good news on this depressing morning.

Congrats, @romanigypsyeyes!

So proud of you @romanigypsyeyes . Always, forge ahead.

What does ā€œOdsā€ mean?>>>>>>>>>

Sorry. ā€œOldest dear sonā€.

I have recently become very active in a group Iā€™ve been a member of for a long time. I gave a presentation last night to a local chapter of this group ā€“ the first time Iā€™ve ever given this presentation ā€“ and it was very well received. Iā€™m feeling pretty proud of myself.

And just to keep the VeryHappy bragging streak going ā€“

First, my older son called me yesterday to let DH and me know that he passed his national licensing exam to become a licensed psychologist. This is a rigorous test that the powers-that-be permit you to take for only $700, and if you fail it you have to pay another $700 . . . . and so on and so forth. So thatā€™s one incentive to pass it! Not to mention that he only has to pass this exam once in his entire life, and now heā€™s done it!!

And on another note ā€“ We lost our internet connection last Friday, for who-knows-why. The cable guy came on Sunday and rewired all sorts of things so we finally got internet back. However, after three more frustrating days not being able to figure out how to connect my work laptop to the new, improved wireless network, I finally bit the bullet, bought an ethernet cable, and connected the router to the work laptop. I got connected!!!

S1 is doing well in his internship and has traveled quite a bit since starting in May. Heā€™s adulting pretty well and even texted me a picture of a meal he made. S2 just got his AP scores today and received a 5 and a 4 (he thought he tanked the APUSH exam but got a 4).

My 21 yo daughter was visiting with friends out of state for the weekend ( she also lives in her on-campus apartment many weeks over the summer) and took a surprise detour on her way home to spend 2 days with me! Best visit ever :slight_smile:

My youngest was rated one of the top 5 soccer players at any position in our region, and a top 15 player in the U.S. at his position, for his future graduating class, by a national soccer website.

My kid is just the best. :wink:

Weā€™re picking him up from the Manchester airport tomorrow morning and heading up to Maine for a relaxing few days with friends at their island cottage. I plan to hug him until he rolls his eyes and peels my arms away. Heā€™s still the best, though.

Amazing D has two accomplishments this week confirmed.

5s on all 5 AP exams this spring. And took two of them the day of graduation.

She cannot use any of these (13 ap classes she took every one they had ) for credits at her university. Had no incentive other than it was asked of her and college prep. Plus she said it reflects on her teachers evaluations and she owed it to them

One last brag. Grades all out. This same daughter had an A in every class and every report card from 1st grade thru 12. Not even an a- A clean sweep! Catholic grade school. IB middle school and exam high school. So none of them was known as an easy touch. Way to go

Sweetheart !!!

Exams this year.

Calc bc
Stats
English lit
Environmental science
Geography (?).

Proud partner brag - Mr R just got a new job that he really wanted. He has been working in a low pay job because the plan was for him to just work a few years and then quit to be a stay at home dad. With me getting sick, weā€™ve had to shift course and he had to get a job that was more career-oriented just in case I canā€™t work.

After months of searching, heā€™s finally found it. Theyā€™re even going to pay for him to go back to school and get further credentials. Iā€™m so proud of him.

Proud of S- he graduated with a Master of History (MSt) degree from Oxford this morning! The ceremony was live-streamed so we were able to watch from the comforts of our couch.

Never had a cavity or broken bone in 50 years.

Iā€™ll trade, @tpike12 . I just broke my toe (possibly 2 toes).

Ouch @jym626. On the downside, my hairline has not sustained the same strength and vigor as my bone density.

My hair and hairline are great, but sadly I did fracture one bone (fibula) and have had several cavities. Iā€™m grateful for having a great dentist and that the fracture healed completely and uneventfully. Had full range of motion and strength back on schedule, just before I went on an overseas trip.

Just distributed over 2000 of the 2800 brochures I had printed for an event we are having next month. The brochures generated a lot of excitementā€”they look great and we have excellent speakers on interesting topics!

I fell and sprained both of my ankles this week, but I have made a huge effort to get in shape the past three monthsā€”weight lifting, cardio, pilatesā€”and I believe that minimized the injury. Believe it or not, feeling grateful!

Congratulations @romanigypsyeyes ! Great news!

D2 has a summer internship working for the engineering company that is laying the groundwork for the bullet train here in California. She was told today they would like to keep her on part time after she finishes her internship. She will be a senior next year and is so happy they are willing to work around her school schedule. Iā€™m happy too!