The Bragging Thread

nope and yep :wink:

My kid is a very appreciative kid and seems to be exercising regularly at college to feel refreshed and stay healthy. Impressed that he is motivated to not only study but exercise, i.e. lift weights.

Lots of things are going well. ShawSon finished an MS in Data Science/Computational & Mathematical Engineering and an MBA last spring and started a company about 9 months before that. He picked a business school classmate he really thought was a great leader to be CEO and they raised several million from VCs and are now growing the firm. Hard work, but good things are happening.

ShawD is a family nurse practitioner. Loves her work. Today, ShawWife was feeling short of breath due to allergies and maybe a cold/flu combined. ShawD’s advice is really good, often precedes our doctor’s advice (she told us to ask the doc to prescribe a nebulizer for home, which is making a difference) and is more practical. Nice to have a highly skilled, practical medical practitioner in the family.

Our son presented his paper at the IEEE MIT Undergraduate Research Technology Conference today. Another cadet took pictures and sent them to us. He looked so professional and in control as he pointed to his fancy PowerPoint charts and graphs. Sure wish we could have heard him.

I wrote the note, four pages summarizing 40+ years.
I will complete my last ED nursing shift in less than 3 weeks.
It’s my birthday gift to myself.

D2 did a biomedical research internship this summer. They flew her and a few interns back for a conference this weekend and she received best undergrad presentation!

Congrats @mominva. Does that mean retirement or an arrangement where you work days or something else?

His paper took second place at the conference! He was laughing on the phone, he was so happy. So, so proud of him. Just wish we could have been there.

Thanks @shawbridge, It IS retirement.
I was hoping to continue my committee leadership work in a very part time gig (so as not to interfere with SS earnings limit), but the department that is responsible for my committee cannot/will not fund.

Congrats, @mominva! I hope you enjoy your new opportunities to pursue your interests!

I got 100% on my first test in college!

D texted yesterday that she and 3 friends were walking home from a performance at their university and heard someone crying. It was a young women sitting alone in an alley off the Main Street. Rather than walk on they stopped to talk to her. It seems it was her birthday and all her friends had abandoned her. They talked to her a bit and went to a local store and got her an insomnia cookie for birthday and sat and talked to her awhile until she cheered up. They made sure she found her group again then went home. There have been a lot of assaults on this campus lately. I’m really proud that these girls just didn’t walk on by. It’s not your normal brag but I was proud as punch of the character of these 3 young women.

I just became an aunt for the second time. My first niece came into this world early but healthy today!

Congrats to you and your family, @romanigypsyeyes!

S#3’s Kickstarter? Fully funded in less than 2 weeks.

DD just texted that her midterm grade in engineering posted tonight and she has an A. Mid way through her first semester, she’s sitting on a 4.0. So proud!

DD passed her PhD exams! She’s officially an ABD :slight_smile:

So proud of my D for thriving in her Calc 3 class this semester as a first-year! She was on the fence about repeating Calc 2 since she’d taken AP Calc BC as a junior and so was rusty, plus she found that class very difficult. She’s getting a solid B+ which is great considering she’s at a college known for grade deflation. AND, the prof passed around a sheet b/c he connects his students to tutor middle and high schoolers in town and she’s now got two regular tutoring gigs which has become her college job – much better paying than campus jobs. I’m very proud!

My kids helped me rake leaves --15 fully packed bags in two days!

He got it! He got it! He got it! ChoatieLT got one of the 25 Cyber slots at West Point Branch Night tonight. He will commission as a Cyber Officer upon graduation. He is over the moon and happy in his soul. And we are so, so relieved to have all the tension and stress of the past few weeks melt away. Well done, son! Can’t wait for that first joyful Thanksgiving hug.