The Bragging Thread

DD made Dean’s List her first semester. So proud of her! She worked her tail off and earned every grade. Ha to all those who said she only got into honors because she’s a girl.

DD dropped off dinner at my workplace when she heard that I was going to need to stay for a 12-hour shift. Sweet!

I love this thread. Have I bragged here before? Not sure. Anyway, here’s one: my son forwarded us the email from his freshman writing seminar professor saying he really hadn’t needed a writing seminar.

We gave our kid repayment of his undergrad loans as a graduation gift (drop in the bucket monthly compared to what we were paying per month for him to attend)…and the last payment was made! Woohoo! Happy graduation.

My son’s college and grad school pick up the honor he and his business partner received last month and the first article in a national publication about his new company. Both schools mentioned/linked to honor/article in their online communications (XXX University in the news). A new article came out this week in a regional publication. Nice to see.

2 Scouts that I was an Eagle Advisor for got their first college acceptances. Johns Hopkins ED for Engineering and Case Western for Biology/pre-med. The son certainly picked his leadership well when he was SPL-both of them were his Assistant Senior Patrol Leaders.

I was all happy our kid got As and A-s until I realized this was just slightly above average or mean grades at his school. Lol I am now just happy and proud of his being happy at his college.

DD was cast in her first college play. So excited for her and can’t wait to see her back on stage! Who says engineers can’t be thespians too : )

Everything I post on CC contains an element of bragging. I suppose I should only post in this thread, LOL.

D2 got into her first choice grad school for OT (DOT)!!! She had been admitted to her second choice program but it was out of state and while an excellent program it would end of being probably $60K+ more.

I’m so, so happy for her and so, so relieved. :slight_smile: <3

DD landed her dream co-op! She’s on cloud nine. I’m so happy and proud of her! Takes so much pressure off knowing that all her work experience is taken care of for all of her time in undergrad.

Dean’s List for the 3rd semester in a row for my WashU kid. Grade deflation be damned…

Now if he can figure out if he wants to be a doctor, a software engineer, or a history professor, that would make life easier.

@abasket - that is such great news!!! Going to a great in state gradschool close to home is a huge money saver. Been there! :slight_smile: HUGE congrats to your kiddo!!!

I have just picked out paint colors for THREE bedrooms All By Myself. And they are going to look great.

This is a brag on my friend who was at her daughter’s waiting for DD’s 2nd child to be delivered - and a few days over her due date. During the night, her DD went into labor - so quick that my friend delivered the baby in her bathroom while 911 was on the phone and EMT/Fire Fighters on the way (EMT cut the cord and delivered the placenta). Her DD was panting as long as she could and told her mom she had to push, so my friend was able to be the midwife! Baby was over 8 lb (and her DD’s first was close to 8 lb). All healthy!

WOW!!!

D made Dean’s List for the 7th consecutive semester! 7 down, 1 to go…patiently awaiting invite to PBK, keep your fingers crossed for her. Still maintaining her great GPA of just shy of 4.0.

Wow that’s amazing and thank goodness they are all well @SOSConcern !

@CaMom13 can you come pick out colors for my three rooms?!! :wink:

@abasket - sadly no - my decision-making ability was tapped out by my 3 rooms (the painter is coming MONDAY) but I can recommend a great online service - they now sell 12x12 wall decals painted with your paint color of choice! Works great for that difficult final decision… the problem was narrowing down a small enough list of colors from small chips that ordering the large samples didn’t bankrupt me! :smiley:

And that online service is . . . . ??