The Bragging Thread

Kiddo has been elected to Eta Kappa Nu, the IEEE honor society. Just a resume line, but very nice.

@VeryHappy - sorry. It’s Samplize.com - 10 times easier than buying paint sample pots and a lot more efficient, too! Type in a name or number for Benjamin Moore, Sherwin Williams or Farrow and Ball and they’ll send you that exact color painted on a removeable wall square decal. So you can put it on different walls and check the light for each.

@NEPatsGirl are you more happy for your daughter making Dean’s List or the results of last night’s Super Bowl? Or maybe both?Congratulations!

Woohoo! I just completed a six week leave position job for someone. It’s done!!

Back to retirement!

Was that what you were counting down @thumper1 ?

I did something my boss has been unsuccessfully trying to accomplish for about 4 years! He dumped it on me so it would not die on his record. I think I earned a brownie point with him today. :slight_smile:

Finally! #3863 comes clean. congrats

Yippee! We were at Starbucks and I asked them if they had any used coffee grounds so got a huge, heavy bag of them. I sprinkled them wherever we’ve had ants and trimmed the branches—hopefully we will hit rid if our ant problem non-toxically and for free with some elbow grease!

hmmm, HImom, not wanting to hear about your greenery with ants and branches as we are waiting of a week of
cabin fever… :smiley:

I removed the bathroom faucet aerator head thinking it was spraying badly because it needed a cleaning. After putting it back several times, I finally realized it had been assembled incorrectly. It now gives a lovely strong straight stream of water. Take that, plumbers!

Woot woot!! Gonna have a nice 3 day weekend with DH in sunny FL this spring, joining him at the tail end of his conference for a private/free concert with… Lady Gaga!!! Sorry @audiophile - don’t think I’ll be able to offer to scrounge up any extra tickets this year :frowning:

Great news! D was invited to join PBK - Phi Beta Kappa Society. Her advisor said they have elected less than 40 seniors for this distinction. What an honor. I’m very proud.

D was selected as a life sciences writer for her school’s medical journal. First piece is how AI will change complex diagnosis outcomes. And she’s a second semester Frosh. It’s a pretty big deal for her.

S is going to be on Jeopardy! His only goal is to make it to final Jeopardy. He doesn’t want to be “that” contestant who is yanked from the stage before the end.

^^ SO cool! My brother and I watch Jeopardy! every day and text each other when we know the Final Jeopardy! answer. We have to do it fast, so the text arrives before the first contestant’s answer. The tournament that is on now is great!

My brag - My car has only been stuck in the snow one time this winter. Oh, and my grandson can count to ten. :wink:

I get to post a brag!!! That’s one of my brags, LOL.

The brag–my daughter is going to visit four PhD programs during the next two weeks, two of which have already admitted her, one with a selective fellowship.

And we used to joke that our daughter was destined for Jeopardy–and it could still happen someday. How fun for your son @Mansfield!

@NorthernMom61, anyone who knows my S has said for years that he should try out for Jeopardy. He’s a sought- after member of various bar trivia teams. He took the online test once before and never heard back. Last year, we dared each other to take the test. I obviously didn’t make it any further. He heard nothing until late summer when he was contacted about going to a regional audition. Apparently only something like 6% of all test takers make it to the audition. The audition was several hours of mock games and contestant interviews. He thought he did okay, but not super. They told him he’d be placed in the contestant pool for 18 months.

He was absolutely stunned last week when he got the phone call to go to California for the taping. H & I are planning to go. He has to bring 3 different outfits (I shudder to think what he’ll wear. He’s kind of a slob) and 5 anecdotes about himself.

That’s so cool @Mansfield!

SIL and his brother were both on Junior Jeopardy years ago (SIL is 29 now) - the brother won the family a trip to Hawaii. SIL was tied with money after both successfully answered final question correctly, so it was who rung the buzzard first for tie breaker (which the other contestant did and answered correctly). SIL said his take away was to risk the money on the chance(s) to do so - I don’t watch the show, but on the spots where you can (I don’t remember what they are called).

Happy brags!

Those “Wikibrains” are pretty amazing! I stopped asking, “how do you know that?!?!” a long time ago.