The Bragging Thread

Excellent acceptances!! With those under your belt, anything else will be gravy. It sounds like you’ll have a plethora of good options to choose from.

5 Likes

That’s awesome! The Geffen is a wonderful theater - seen lots of shows there. It only gets better from there. May she break many legs!

2 Likes

Friend who went to school with DS we have known since he was 3 years old, got accepted into MIT! So thrilled for him and his family.

19 Likes

He came back for more…If you watch the Grammys on Sunday night - the opening outfit that Bruno Mars wears is from my D - he first wore 2 of hers at a concert a couple of weeks ago. Rumor has it that Sunday’s might go in the Grammy Museum after -

I told her that my prediction is that by 2025 it will be her name showing rather than her employer - she laughed and then said “that’s seems doable”

38 Likes

again, not a parent – but it’s more likely than not that I’m Ivy bound! it’s been rough but I survived.

19 Likes

You don’t have to be a parent to post on the bragging thread! I’m the OP…and I say…it’s fine!

8 Likes

My sporty STEM-oriented kid waited to take her required art classes until senior year. (It is her only non-AP class this year.)

Welp, out of all her students, the art teacher selected one of my kid’s pieces to submit to the state art show and competition and she won an award and a $25,000 scholarship to an art school! :smile:

Once an overachiever, always an overachiever, I guess.

33 Likes

Good job, JustaMom’s D!

4 Likes

My pics from the Grammy opening act - just learned not just Bruno but the drummer and the back up band members as well. Swarovski crystals

32 Likes

Beautiful outfits!!! :+1::+1: form me and Mr. B.

4 Likes

My son got into his first choice school ED, going against the advice of his advisor (who said it was such a reach that it was a waste of an ED).

22 Likes

DS will be graduating with is Masters in CS in May (he completed both his BS and MS in a total of 4 years) and was just awared the McDermott Fellowship The McDermott Graduate Fellows - The University of Texas at Dallas to complete his Phd. I am so proud of him!

35 Likes

Chalk it up to a great experience. D just got to audition on the stage at Radio City Music Hall.

36 Likes

H just landed his dream VP job! LA2028, here he comes! :champagne:

32 Likes

COOL!!! Olympics? Do you get to go too!!?

2 Likes

Yes the Los Angeles Olympic Games! I already told him I’m his plus one on everything! :joy:

13 Likes

My 14 month old granddaughter knows all of her food by name. If you say, “why don’t you have some broccoli,” she’ll pick it up to eat. She’ll do the same for carrots, chicken, squash. I say she is heading to Harvard.

30 Likes

My son got hired by a company he wanted to work for, with a salary higher than I ever imagined. He is incredibly happy. Best part is that instead of being isolated, working from home, he gets to work from the office, actually having face to face interaction instead of just via computer screen. Who would have thought we’d be so excited about that?

47 Likes

Child just got named as an inventor on a patent.

40 Likes

S23 was offered a paid summer fellowship to continue his research. He will be the only researcher in the group without a PhD.

27 Likes