The Bragging Thread

D19 learned this Summer that in Spain in the non-tourist towns that Beer and Wine is cheaper than water and if you sit there long enough they bring you snacks.

7 Likes

Not just non-tourist towns. Required by law to feed people who are drinking. So the drinks are smaller. After a couple you get olives, couple more you get some bread. Couple more some meat maybe. You’re basically buying the appetizers as you drink.

1 Like

My D got a full time job offer, two weeks before the start of her senior year. Whoooo hooo! So nice to start the school year not having to worry about having a job lined up.

35 Likes

Yes, my D was surprised to learn that water was not free. She was mostly in Seville.

My youngest, college senior, got a job offer and a nice signing bonus. Very happy for her as she really likes the company and work and so very grateful.

24 Likes

My D22, who was concerned about meeting her A level conditions for Oxford University, actually cleared the A* grade thresholds for her 4 subjects by substantial margins (a whopping 23% in one case and 19% in another). I am truly stunned by her results.

30 Likes

Holy smokes! This will never get old for us. Our D texted earlier for us to check out the MTV Music Video Awards
her original designs opened the show (Jack Harlow) and closed the show (5 tear away “wedding dresses” revealing lace catsuits on Bad Bunny backup dancers!).

She literally just had her one year anniversary at work in this field this week.

Encourage your creatives everyone!

35 Likes

@JustaMom please post pics when you are allowed to

1 Like

Two scholars! Two!

4 Likes

They’re public now!

Jack Harlow Jack Harlow feat. Fergie Performs "First Class" | 2022 VMAs - YouTube

5 Likes

Bad Bunny backup dancers (lace “wedding” gown/catsuit) (trying to get my hands on better pics)

10 Likes

You must be very proud. This is great.

3 Likes

Awesome!

1 Like

Thank you, yes we’re beyond - she’s off Mondays but says her text and emails have been nonstop from clients/potential clients since the show last night
.yesterday musician SZA shot a new music video with D J Khaled & Snoop Dogg with SZA wearing our Ds design - apparently stills and an outtake landed on IG last night and everyone is going bonkers. I just saw D has her phone on DND - trying to catch some needed personal time.

My new tagline - support your creatives!

15 Likes

Saw the top picture in the NYTimes today and thought of you and your D! Very exciting.

6 Likes

My kid said to me last night that she “didn’t have time to go into it” right then, but I better be ready for some “parenting time” this weekend. :wink:

2 Likes

OOOOHHHH!!! Thank you! I’ll let her know
so fun!

2 Likes

Getty Images got hold of one pic with the “wedding” dresses

6 Likes

Apparently, I’ve never posted on this thread, but seeing JustaMom’s dd’s success and the idea of supporting our creatives, I thought I would add that ds2 just wrapped up a nationwide tour with a top-selling artist. Support your creatives!

31 Likes

@JustaMom ive enjoyed reading about your daughter and her talents and successes.
I have one creative and he does pretty well salary wise but most of all her loves his job and is excited to share what he is doing.

6 Likes