The Bragging Thread

Congrats to all of you with so many talented kids!

3 Likes

I found a couple online

22 Likes

That’s hot!

1 Like

Wow! They both are very talented and beautiful.

2 Likes

ChoatieLT has been tapped for the AI Scholars program at CMU. It would mean 22 months as a full-time student in Pittsburgh earning a master’s in artificial intelligence and then a move out of Cyber to Army Futures Command in Austin, TX. The problem is that he is already in the CS master’s program at GTech, and the AI program would add two more years to his Army commitment. OTOH, the colonel who tapped him was his mentor at West Point who is now at AFC and wants our son on his team, and our son would love to work with this guy again. Other than the time extension, there really is no downside to this. (Parental bonus: Austin is closer to AZ than GA, and we have family in Austin.)

Oh to be so young with such options.

42 Likes

That’s some great options @ChoatieMom ! Good for your S.

4 Likes

Not for the faint of heart - Megan Thee Stallion back up dancers wearing my D’s designs on SNL last night…(she didn’t design Megan’s garment - she isn’t sure who did)

16 Likes

My goodness. Truly, not for the faint of heart!!

I liked the backup dancers a lot more than MTS baggy pants although she’s got a great rear view.

2 Likes

Thus the warning! :face_with_peeking_eye:

Me too - my first question was “did you guys design Meg’s outfit?” She said no but wished she had thought it up.

2 Likes

Just dropped 1/2 hour ago - new Taylor Swift video - our D designed the backup dancers starting at 4:30 - almost a million hits already - yep, we are over the moon!

13 Likes

What a great video! Lots of imagination went into its creation, including your daughter’s contribution. Be very proud, mom. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve always wondered - the costumes look so expensive - what happens to them after?

1 Like

There’s a nice photo on Taylor’s Instagram. I’ve also wondered what happens to the costumes.

1 Like

@justold & @Youdon_tsay In some instances the costumes are auctioned for charity, but for many (like these), they go into a cold storage for archival purposes (there are enormous costume archives in LA, NY and Chicago), and possibly, they might make an appearance during live concerts (Grammy shows, etc). The Meagan dancers all wore theirs during several live shows.

6 Likes

Icing on the cake - our D has been a “ghost designer” for her employer for over a year (basically means they get the accolades even for her designs). Effective this morning she’s now gotten the go ahead to promote her designs on social media! This is huge for a designer. It means that more influential individuals (and musicians) will recognize her name and be able to reach out to her for costumes. (psssssst, don’t tell her employer, but it’s more valuable than $)

21 Likes

Stop me when it gets out of control…Our D designed a Halloween costume for Hailey Bieber (Justin Bieber’s wife) - it got picked up by Vogue UK! Hailey Bieber’s Halloween Costume Evokes An Epic ’90s Fashion Moment | British Vogue

30 Likes

IMO, it can never get out of control! Keep them coming.

4 Likes

I :gift_heart: you for saying that - I mean I am hogging up this thread…my grandma used to say “it ain’t bragging if you can back it up!”

9 Likes

@JustaMom That photo of Hailey Bieber is on the TMZ website. Not that I look at a tabloid website…:wink:

2 Likes