The Bragging Thread

<p>Congrats on the good news, everyone. I love this thread. I hope to be able to post some good news in the future other than my “I survived another week” at my job blurb.</p>

<p>My son (MechE UCBerkeley '15) got an upcoming summer intern job. He had approached one of his HS friend’s dads last year, who is an executive at a local engineering firm. He got a very positive response at the time and, shortly after sending a resume this year, got the good news from one of their company representatives. I’ve never met this particularl parent, but I guess my son’s “networking” with this dad worked in landing him this internship.</p>

<p>D got her first (and maybe only) acceptance to a PhD program today. She was also nominated for a fellowship. She will learn the level after paid campus visit 3/4 -3/6 (I think).</p>

<p>Congrats to gloworm daughter! Great news.</p>

<p>I heard my sons brass quintet play a terrific concert on Phoenix on Friday. It was great!</p>

<p>thumper1</p>

<p>I bet your son is terrific!. What sort(s) of music did the concert cover?</p>

<p>She only decided to do apps. in late September, so I’m still getting used to the idea. This one is from her brother’s UG alma mater.</p>

<p>Was able to get our state to correct their question that they ask in state-wide survey just by having a nice conversation with a woman who wanted my opinion. Best of all, I didn’t have to pay for it as I did in 2007. The state is paying the cost but now with the revision, the survey will yield more useful information than previously. :)</p>

<p>Received funding to speak at a regional conference in LA next month and participate in a national event in DC in March!</p>

<p>Congratulations to my son who after many trials, tribulations, and detours finishing college just landed a job on his first interview. He’s going to be an equipement manager for the Washington Nationals. </p>

<p>We’re all so proud of him.</p>

<p>Congratulations wharfrat2! Your post shines with pride!</p>

<p>wharfrat,
I think my son would quit his fine job for your son’s gig.
Congrats.</p>

<p>Congrats to all! The big kiddo’s research paper (first author!!!) was published in a major scientific journal! The Big State Research U PhD program lost a great student when they did not admit her 2 years ago. Losers! I’m now keeping fingers crossed for the little kiddo who is having an interview with an NGO.</p>

<p>Anoher shameless brag: hubby’s foreign travel paid off big time for his company! I’m so proud of him.</p>

<p>Oldest daughter just landed her dream job in her field (shes a forensic chemist) as a Crime Scene Investigator with the State Police. I wouldnt want the job, but she’s over the top!</p>

<p>I once modeled in a Bose ad. They wanted a bunch of average looking people looking like they were having fun at a party. Never did see the ad in print but I got paid and for a few weeks my husband got a kick out of saying his wife was a “model”.</p>

<p>Congratulations everyone…I love these brags…so nice to hear everyone’s good news.</p>

<p>Love all this good news!</p>

<p>wharfrat, does he get to travel, too, or is it only in DC? Either way, it sounds like a blast!</p>

<p>S1 has three interviews lined up for three graduate programs. Fingers crossed that one of them (the right one) results in an acceptance.</p>

<p>I sold the most Campfire Girl mints in San Francisco when I was 9.</p>

<p>Fingers crossed VH!!!</p>

<p>Thanks, thumper. I’m proud of him for persevering.</p>

<p>VH,</p>

<p>All the best to him!</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Some travel will be involved but apparently not every road trip. He will be going for spring training for sure.</p>