<p>Romani is down one gallbladder and up one diamond ring. Great tradeoff!!</p>

<p>Romaniā€¦I guess you traded one stone type for another!</p>

<p>Congratulations!</p>

<p>So nice, romani - congrats and best wishes for much happiness.</p>

<p>Haha thanks everyone. Yes, I MUCH prefer these stones. Much prettier :)</p>

<p>Stones, plural. Now we all want to see the ring. ;)</p>

<p>Lots of great news all the way around! Congrats romani, thumper and all!</p>

<p>Haha, Deborah. You know thereā€™s no pics on CC :p</p>

<p>Itā€™s a blue diamond (~.4 ct) with a halo of tiny white diamonds and white diamonds around most of the white gold band.</p>

<p>Nice to catch up with everyoneā€™s good news.</p>

<p>Congrats on the engagement, romani!</p>

<p>Sounds beautiful, romani. Congratulations!</p>

<p>S1 asked to friend me on FB.
Am trying to decide if this means a) FB has jumped the shark or b) he now considers himself an adult and therefore he can associate with same!</p>

<p>Am so happy and proudā€“was able to salvage The comforter I made about 20 years ago. Itā€™s all cotton and the seams and many parts of it were getting VERY thin and the backing was getting ā€œgauzy.ā€ Got some grosgrain ribbon to reinforce all the squares and put a new white sheet for backing. It should last another 20 years, maybe. D is thrilled because I was able to keep nearly all of the old comforter. </p>

<p>Iā€™m now going to try make some custom pillowcases. They had instructions at the fabric store and said there is a resurgence of interest in sewing among the youngsters. Their sewing classes are full!</p>

<p>I love my Tru Catch trap. After the already fixed Mama Cat went in first, I was able to easily release her. Then when a juvenile tom went in, I reluctantly released him, since the female kittens were interested. After two traps and releases, I was able to get a kitten, one that is a little more tame. He/she is in my garage, awaiting fixing tomorrow.</p>

<p>You are a gem, montegut.</p>

<p>Happy to report that DSā€™s firm job offer (to transition form contractor) came in over 2 mos, maybe almost 3, ahead of schedule.</p>

<p>oops typo and too late to fix it-- transitioning from contractor to fulltime employee.</p>

<p>Thatā€™s awesome, jym. So proud of him! </p>

<p>My latest kitten catch was a female. Yea! Got her all her shots and everything, but she is going back to her colony. The caretaker has her inside to recuperate, and Iā€™m hoping sheā€™ll adopt her. I spent a small fortune getting her the works, even though the spay was free, but Iā€™m hoping my investment will pay off in her finding a forever home.</p>

<p>I have two more appointments next week, then will have to wait a while for another opening. Wish me luck that I get the two calicos next week!</p>

<p>Good luck with the calicoā€™s Montegut!</p>

<p>I am proud of myself for sticking it out on my latest trapping excursion. The calicos and other kitties would have none of the trap, and it didnā€™t help that the old lady feeding all these cats was dishing out food and talking to me as Iā€™m trying to trap these cats to get them fixed.</p>

<p>So, I packed up my trap and headed to the other colony down the street and caught two momma cats, no longer nursing, ready to go into heat any day now, and got them fixed.</p>

<p>Slowly but surely, I will put a little bit of a dent into this pet overpopulation going on in my neighborhood.</p>

<p>jymā€“so, so happy for your sonā€™s excellent news. I forget what kind of work he is doing though?</p>