The Bragging Thread

<p>Maybe so. Actually, first time using an accountant in over 15 years… I always do it myself with turbotax. Seems like I should continue. This is supposedly an awesome firm, was going to save us tons of money, maybe even a refund. I should brag about saving more money by doing it myself!</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Ain’t no party like a Dee-troit party ;)</p>

<p>Well, as far as taxes are concerned, you don’t want to not pay taxes if you really do owe them. That would be – ummmm – short-sighted. You want the right answer.</p>

<p>Well definitely, I’m scared of the IRS, so I don’t do anything remotely funny, just simple.</p>

<p>I am also scared of the IRS. I do nothing weird. Nothing at all.</p>

<p>BD…maybe they are cleaning the seats! See other thread!</p>

<p>What other thread??</p>

<p>Back to bragging: My D#3 finally learned how to ride a bike this week! (She is 11 1/2, and has tried many times over the last few years. . .)</p>

<p>That’s cool atomom! Awesome that she kept trying. So many people just give up on things.</p>

<p>Ha, thumper, no vomit. Thank God!!</p>

<p>Jym…the vomit thread.</p>

<p>Gee I missed that thread. I think that is a good thing.</p>

<p>Yes it’s a good thing you missed that thread. I read part of the first post and decided it was TMI and I didn’t want to know anymore! :eek:</p>

<p>My brag is that DS just took his MCAT today. Have no idea how he did, but we are all happy that he’s done!</p>

<p>oh goodie! The bragging thread… LOL. Ran a 5k race at the Davidson College cross country course yesterday (slower than a flat road course) in 23:30. Won my age group and probably a few younger age groups as well (there were not a lot of old fast runners). The best part was the 2nd place finisher in my age group was the Davidson College XC coach.</p>

<p>Daughter nailed a part in an upcoming play in Philly. I could never deal with the uncertainty of acting and the rejection, but she seems to love it. Now if she’d just make a little more money doing this, it would be perfect.</p>

<p>I figured out (all by myself) how to wire up my laptop to my tv, so I can stream from amazon prime, and view on a larger screen. So proud of mahself!</p>

<p>Wow- big congrats to all for the brags, big and small! I have one… DS, the engineer, just called us up and said he took the GRE and scored somewhere up in the 90 percentiles. No muss, no fuss, no prep, no angst; signed up,took it, and done. I love how he decides what he wants to do, and does what he needs to do to get it done with zero drama. He is planning a career change, and is taking some prereqs at the community college to make it happen.</p>

<p>I started my new job as a research assistant today and I absolutely love it. I’m working with a professor and PhD student on a project looking at forced sterilization and eugenics in America and the professor said it might be a good starting point for my own paper in reproductive ethics/justice. </p>

<p>I also had two undergrads nervously approach me to pick my brain. It was my first real omg I’m a grad student moment lol</p>

<p>My daughter received an offer letter today for the perfect entry-level marketing position.</p>

<p>Salary is such that she can support herself.</p>

<p>She is launched, four months to the day after graduating from college!</p>

<p>I am SO please and SOOOO relieved!!!</p>

<p>S2 got possession of his house Tuesday. He has already knocked out a wall. My progress on stripping the wallpaper isn’t such a brag. Guess I need a thread on that :)</p>

<p>Part b for the venting thread: they walked out and left <em>everything</em>, well almost. Every drawer, cupboard, closet, and 2 garages is full. We have to haul it all out before he can move stuff in.</p>

<p>On a good note, they also left the patio furniture, grill, charcoal, lighter fluid, Aim n Flame, and steaks, so at least I can feed us while we are working.</p>

<p>My brag:</p>

<p>I can post on here and chew g</p>

<p>… nevermind. Anyone know how to get gum out of the keyboard?</p>