The Class of 2024 -- Sharing, venting, discussing! MT

@AnxiousNovice - @rickle1 is spot on about SCAD’s success with working grads (and even during college) due to connections and casting group. Film is huge in the Southeast so the kids can build their artistic resume quickly.

Because the students don’t train as a cohort like most programs, there is some flexibility with class sequencing, ability to tailor electives, and opportunities to study abroad for gen eds requirements (e.g., Knock ‘em out at the Singapore campus where overall semester cost can be less. How cool?)

Per MT, you can piece together voice / dance training. And while tuition is pricey, they are generous with grants/scholarships.

The admission counselors are very responsive and after acceptance will spend a lot of time with personal counseling - so take advantage to explore all the opportunities!

@AnxiousNovice That’s awesome!!! So happy for you!

Anyone have any insight on University of Utah’s MT program (Balance of arts/academic classes, quality of dance training, how many are accepted, etc.)? I can’t seem to find much info! Thanks

Congrats @AnxiousNovice ! The program sounds fabulous and I am very excited for you and for your D’s opportunity!

@AnxiousNovice I am so excited for your daughter! Congratulations on the SCAD acceptance.

@AnxiousNovice Congrats!! I too have been following your posts and feeling the same anxiety… we had a lot of stress and tears last week.but over the weekend did hear back from a solid and exciting BA program and today my D had a super exciting phone call today and acceptance to the University of Oklahoma! Wow what a difference a few days can make.

Congrats @lkcmom! University of Oklahoma is a great yes to get!

@lkcmom congratulations!!! That is awesome!! So happy for you!

Hooray! Congrats @lkcmom!

@MAmum1234 from what I understand the current freshman class at U of Utah is 26 students. Dance is 5 days a week with ballet focus. The dance program at U of Utah is strong. It is a conservatory style program so no so sure about the balance with academics.

@MAmun1234 I am not familiar with U Utah program, but I do know that there is a very strong ballet culture in Salt Lake City.

Congrats, @lkcmom!! Hopefully this is the start of more yeses for all of CC’s class of 2024!

SCAD is great

It’s so great to hear about the yeses that are finally coming in. I feel awful for those that haven’t received any positive results but there still is time. We’re all pulling for you. People outside this arena truly have no idea how challenging this is. Add to it that we’re dealing with 17 and 18 yr olds and oh my gosh, crazy.

I love the possitivity on this thread!!!

Congratulations @AnxiousNovice and @lkcmom ! Awesome news for both of you.

So how’s everyone doing today? We are at 1) no acceptances, 2) no Montclair socks, and 3) a letter from the school warning that my d is failing her classes because of excessive absences. So I would say things are going pretty well!

I have just finished my morning ritual; checking all school portals, emails and CC threads, etc.

@BloomingGirl same here… no acceptances yet…life goes on!

I know it will all work out in the end, but I’m ready to skip to the end now.

Congratulations @AnxiousNovice and @lkcmom ! So happy to see those first acceptances!!!

@BloomingGirl , huge hugs to you and your daughter. How many schools does she have left to hear from? Does she have any safeties on her list? Fingers crossed for a great acceptance soon!

(And I have to laugh at how “Montclair socks” have become such an in-joke on this board!)

@actorparent1 She hasn’t heard from the majority of her schools yet and she has safeties and plan B’s in place and she will be fine but the process is definitely starting to wear on us and one yes would really help alleviate the stress.