The Class of 2024 -- Sharing, venting, discussing! MT

@erayann that does seem strange about JMU. I assume you’re talking about the MT BA? If so, I know kids that got accepted, waitlisted, and rejected all on the same day this week. Are you sure you’re looking in the right spot? You have to go to the “my Madison” portal then click on the purple bar that says “applicant center”. Look at the chart under status should be your decision. Then you can scroll down to click on and view the decision letter. If that doesn’t work, the head of the program, @KatMT is on College Confidential.

Indiana decisions just sent through Acceptd! First waitlist after months of no’s… not a yes, but still there’s a chance!!!

Congrats on that ray of lights, @bwguy979 . We will root for that list to MOVE!

@bwguy979 Ditto…waitlisted at IU. Now we are on 3 waitlists, 2 rejections, 2 nos, 0 acceptances.

@csuram1994 the waiting will CONTINUE. I have a feeling “I Know It’s Today” will be very high on my Spotify most played this year… keeping my fingers crossed for us

@erayann @SingerDancerMom what seems strange to me is how anyone can make it to March in this processes with 'all yesses" -a true unicorn- congrats erayann :smiley:

Yay!!! So many big YESES this week. Hugs to all! We are just about done over here and preparing to lay everything out for the Big Decision.

I’ll share my current head space by adding to the movie quote trend:
Show me the money!!!

@bwguy979 sorry posting this again but re post #2281 I couldnt resist…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA

@NYYFanNowMTdad I think you might have misunderstood @erayann . I took that comment to mean meant that erayann had only heard about JMU yes decisions so far, and that they hadn’t heard about any no’s or waitlists from JMU.

@SingerDancerMom ahhhhh maybe I should change my name to “not dumb and dumber but dumbest?”? thanks for clarifying. no offense intended

About financial aid… it seems a lot of my school the scholarship offers come after the acceptance but before May 1st. I have had some, but some more state that they will be updated in a few weeks. Is this typical?

@NYYFanNowMTdad ? No way! I love that you automatically assumed the best possible scenario and then congratulated them! Plus you’re not “dumb and dumber”… .but you are very entertaining!

@wishiknewtgen did they say when to expect their letter by? I assume they would’ve sent them out by this week since next week is their spring break.

Well it’s been a roller coaster today! Got another rejection from Ball State this morning - add it to the pile. Starting to stress a bit - only 5 left to go… Then this afternoon, D got an email offer from Lynn - which we weren’t expecting until late March! I know it’s a new program- think it’s only the second year and I know its very small, I think they only accept about 8-10, BUT it is her first MT acceptance and she literally cried! Thank you to the good vibes chain. There is power in numbers! xoxo

@IStressSoDWont Awesome…Party On Dude!!

@IStressSoDWont Congratulations to your D! What a relief! Keep the Good Vibes Chain going!

@bddub24 For LIU it said within the next few weeks.

Thank you @NYYFanNowMTdad & @mt85 - she is quite excited!!

@IStressSoDWont What school is Lynn? Also, congrats to your D. :smile:

@iowamtmom Lynn University in Boca Raton, Florida. Its a very new program. My D did a walk in at NY Unifieds, couldn’t fit the dance in that weekend, so she did the call at Chicago Unifieds. And thank you!