The Class of 2024 -- Sharing, venting, discussing! MT

My neighbor actually played College Golf at Lynn University like 25 years ago. He said it’s really grown in terms of reputation throughout the state over the years

@IStressSoDWont WOOHOO! CONGRATULATIONS! So happy for you and your D… Let’s keep the good vibes going! ~~~

@IStressSoDWont Congratulations to your daughter!!! That is awesome!!

@IStressSoDWont So excited for your D! Want everyone to have a YES!!!

@IStressSoDWont - woohooo! So happy for your D!

@IStressSoDWont My D was accepted there last year. She really connected with the head of the program and might have gone there had she not come off the waitlist at her first choice! Congratulations!

@intheburbs @onette @Ontheverge @CaMom13 @MTSongbirdMom @StanfordAI2019 I am excited to learn all about the program and school! Thanks so much for the support…I would stress even more without you guys :blush:

@IStressSoDWont If your daughter is on Facebook, I think there are some Lynn students on Crucible Cast Party. One of my kids (I think) was talking to them about Lynn before Unifieds? She might go on there and see!

@IStressSoDWont Congratulations! We live about a half hour from Lynn, so I don’t know much about the school or the program (because it was deemed too close to home by my kids), but the location’s great! And it’s close to 2 airports to boot (West Palm and Fort Lauderdale, and even Miami isn’t too far), so depending on where you live, flights might be easy.

@erayann all the portals should be updated for JMU EA and RD for all admissions decisions, regardless of status.

If you email me at arecchkm@jmu.edu I can go in and check the system from the back end to see what the issue may be, as well as check the status.

We are on spring break this coming week, but I will be in doing a little work tomorrow and Sunday.

Thanks @SingerDancerMom for tagging me!

Can anybody help? There was a short discussion in one of these threads about Oklahoma State music program and faculty but I can’t find it in any of these threads. I tried to search for it and nothing comes up. I think the gist of the post was about the new MT program and how knowledgeable the department is as a whole. Does anybody remember?

D got waitlisted at her dream school/ program last night. She also got rejected from her 2nd favorite school. It was a rough night. I know that a waitlist is not a no, but she feels like she wasn’t good enough and was so sad. She has other options, and some I think she would be happy with. But last night was a hard night at our house.

@onceuponadancer Im so sorry- this process has been so difficult for most of us. The rejections are really hard to take, the waiting lists prolong the agony, and our kids feeling Like they aren’t good enough. The rejections take time to get over but wherever they land, I’m sure they will love (that’s what I keep telling myself anyway!). Hugs

@onceuponadancer I hope that waitlist turns into a yes but if it doesn’t I hope she falls in love with one of her other options and realizes it was her actually her dream school all along.

@IStressSoDWont , congratulations! So happy for you. And @onceuponadancer , so sorry for your daughter’s pain. Even when there are other amazing options on the table, the nos from the dream schools hurt, especially when outside people have been rooting for that dream school over the options they already have. Praying that every one of these kids finds that one place to call home for the next four years and never looks back.

@onceuponadancer if it’s her dream school, have her call them. Let them know it’s her dream school. Then stay in touch. Ask them if she can visit so that if she does come off the wait she’s ready to make her decision. My older daughter got accepted to 4 or 5 of her waitlists before May1st. One of them called her on April 30th! It happens!!!

This year there is no MT ACCEPTANCES BY MEMBER NAME - CLASS OF 2024 list. I always find that thread very interesting.

@lojosmo There is one.

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/discussion/comment/22627896#Comment_22627896

Colleges are starting to cancel accepted students days… For example - not BFA schools but Harvard, Columbia, Penn and these are just the last day or so - I’m sure more are coming. If they’re canceled, what best alternatives do we have to make our decisions? UGH!

@intheburbs oh no…that didn’t even cross my mind. That is going to make assessing the fit difficult. Most of my D’s acceptances are from unifieds so we haven’t seen the campuses. UGH is right!