The Class of 2024 -- Sharing, venting, discussing! MT

Ohio just closed all K-12 schools for “at least” the next 3 weeks.

Out of curiosity, as D and I don’t know enough about the subject of BFA MT as we should given we’re at this stage in the game, would some of you please chime in on whether there is a “rivalry” between NYU and Pace? What other schools have non-sports rivals in all this?

NYC hasn’t even gone that far… yet.

Update to post #2510 - Ball State Waitlisted for BFA MT. Point Park a no, still waiting on Wright and the rest. Do people ever come off the waitlist at Ball State? She really wanted Ball State.

Has anyone asked schools what their Plan B is for school visits and possibly moving the May 1 deadline?

my daughter has started a change dot org petition to push back college decision date. I can’t share link here, but go to website. Title is Push Back 2020 National College Decision Day to June 1, 2020

We are going to visit the one school we haven’t seen and are seriously considering whether they are holding classes or not. We’ve already connected with a couple of students who will be in town and happy to show us around/have lunch with my daughter and answer her questions. We’ll get a feel for the local area and see the facilities. All this, of course, assuming no one in our family gets sick or is exposed to a confirmed case leading us to self-quarantine for the safety of others.

The other two schools that she hasn’t seen that she would consider of the remaining 5 we’re waiting for decisions on are both in Boston, which isn’t a hard trip to do from where we live and, again, whether the schools are in session or not, we’ll visit and connect with whoever is around so we can at least get some information and a feel for the local area.

spoke to admissions today at my kids school of choice, they said that they are seriously considering moving back the commitment deadline and heard several others are as well.

@AbigCurveBall @CaMom13 … late thanks for the congrats. We are living in strange times for sure. My S’s final performances (spring play and charity concert) both cancelled. I know it made him really sad but he’s actually kind of stoic so it’s hard to tell. His school will go to online learning starting Monday… now we start to worry about important things like IB exams and the class of 20 graduation ceremony (and prom if you ask me but S wouldn’t include that. Hoping you get only good news. Sending you good vibes.

We just received correspondence from one my D’s options…

The impact of COVID-19 has put ************ in the situation of needing to take unprecedented steps to balance our educational mission with the duty to protect the health and well-being of our entire community. While there is no confirmed case of COVID-19 at any of our ******* locations or in , we feel that our best chance at limiting the spread of this virus is to implement new policies based on social distancing strategies that health experts recommend.
Effective immediately, all campus tours and information sessions are canceled until further notice. While we apologize for the inconvenience this may cause to those who have previously scheduled visits, our primary focus is the health and safety of our campus community as well as of potential visitors to campus.

Additionally, we will not be hosting any on-campus admitted or waitlisted student programming during April. While we’ve traditionally hosted daily visits and overnight events including Celebration of Diversity and
Overnight, these events have been canceled out of an abundance of caution. However, we’re looking forward to engaging with our future ****** virtually throughout the month of April.

If you’re looking for ways to connect with us, we’d encourage you to check out a virtual version of the Office of Admission Information Session, which will provide more information about our colleges and programs, campus community, the city of , and our admission and financial aid processes. You can experience without ever leaving home. Additionally, you can follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook to stay up-to-date with the Office of Admission.

Argh!!! I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue. (movie reference)

We had a campus visit next week that was cancelled. Word has it that Millikin isn’t closed, but students are petitioning for it to go online.

Hello all!! I am wondering if anyone has any opinions and information about LIU Post, University of Utah, and Molloy CAP21! I visited Molloy and LIU, but am scared I cannot visit Utah though the program looks amazing.

In the curiosity of how it worked in the past… is the first wave of Syracuse notifications yes’s and then all the rest no’s and waitlists? Noticed a lot of acceptances today, and I’m still waiting… so just wanted to prep myself if this is the way it goes

Syracuse…I’ve been told it’s a mix of yes/no/waitlist over a three week period. But it does seem like all the yeses are coming out now. I’m bracing for the no in a week.

I’m guessing the final Fredonia audition date is not happening? Has anyone heard?

Does anybody have thoughts/info about the University of Northern Colorado vs Roosevelt CCPA vs Viterbo?

@“2kids2dogs&aclass” We have a comparing top choices thread if you’re interested in posting your question there… http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/musical-theater-major/2177456-musical-theatre-comparing-top-choices.html#latest

@SingerDancerMom Thank you! I will post it on that thread.

Another waitlist for me from Oklahoma… I will continue to sing the now infamous refrain from Shrek. Crossing fingers and toes.

Just a thought for all the Waitlisted kids. Reminder that some kids have received multiple offers and can only accept one. This will then free up lots of spots for the Waitlist kids. Send off your Letters of Continued Interest. Wishing the Best to all!