The Class of 2024 -- Sharing, venting, discussing! MT

Still waiting on Wright St too, 2/2 audition. My S got waitlisted at Missouri St after 2/21 audition, heard back a few days later. A few of my S friends auditioned the same day and got No’s within a few days.

The CDC’s latest recommendation that gatherings of greater than 50 people not happen for 8 weeks. And though it says it Doesn’t apply to schools universities are businesses, it’s still very troubling as regards senior year activities.

My D has a male friend that received an acceptance letter from Wright on Saturday via snail mail. Best of luck to everyone waiting.

I saw this quote and figured I would share here.

“Dear Class of 2020, You entered this world during 9/11. You will graduate during a pandemic. No doubt these events will shape you. You see beyond borders and political parties. You savor the good. You relish in healthy lifestyle habits. The celebrations may need to wait and you are okay with that. We are proud of you!”

@DramaLove2020 @CASAmom Wonderful!! So happy for your kiddos!

Still here waiting on Wright State, Columbia College Chicago, Western Michigan and Kent State.

Saw on the informed delivery today that there is a letter coming (handwritten address) from Kent State - from admissions not theater department- wondering if anyone got the same?

@IStressSoDWont Kent confirmed to us today that letters were done and being processed. Hope its good news for you!

Informed delivery shows nothing from Western Connecticut again, but looks like we’ll have Webster.

D got Waitlisted BFA MT from Wright snail mail today. Does anyone ever come off waitlists? They said they would let them know after May 1 if there was an opening in the program…

S got redirected to the BFA Acting Program at Wright State today. He was not a fan of the school, so the redirect didn’t bother him. Now at least we have heard back from all the schools that he auditioned at.

How do scholarships work if you come off the waitlist at a school after May 1st?

@DancerMTMom it was just her admissions counselor thanking her for attending Flash Admitted Students day in 3/6. Doesn’t that feel like a year ago?

Sending positive vibes for all!

@DramaLove2020
Congratulations and welcome to the Coastal family! My S is a freshman there & I’m sure he’d be happy to chat with your D. Chants Up!

@CASAmom
Congratulations & Chants Up! S is a freshman at CCU, and I’m sure he’d be happy to chat. PT & MT comingle quite a bit at CCU!

@bfayay That’s a great question (re scholarships attached to admissions from waitlist).

I think the best strategy is to choose your best option within the accepted schools and pay the deposit (insurance policy mentality). You have plenty of time to wait until pulling the trigger. If your kid gets off a waitlist, I imagine admissions will include their offer. If not, negotiate. You might consider having your kid reach out to the program director while expressing interest and simply ask how scholarships will be handled if fortunate enough to move off the list.

FYI - D just got off the waitlist for Molloy (yesterday) and her admissions packet came with the scholarship info as if she was originally accepted.

They must know you can’t blindly enroll without that information.

If a program extends the date to commit to the department, I would assume you must also be sure to confirm whether you have the same extension to commit to the university/college/conservatory. Will admissions protect the academic merit /scholarship monies offered beyond May 1st. Certainly a concern if coming off of a waitlist after May 1st. Losing merit/scholarship money could make attending suddenly unaffordable. Does anyone have experience with this as it relates to clearing a waitlist after May 1st, or how it may apply if a department extends their deadline to June 1st?

@bfayay I second @rickle1. My D is waitlisted with PPU. I inquired with the Director of Admissions and he said they will still offer FA packages including scholarships to applicants who come off the list after May 1.

However, it may vary by school so you may want to confirm with them directly.

@lithpool Thank you so much. I know Julia joined a group for accepted students at Coastal (maybe through Crucible Cast Party?) and has been in touch with some of the students. The freshman have been particularly welcoming! Can I ask your son’s first name? Thanks again and excited to be a Chants family!

Has anyone thought about what may happen if the quarantine continues? Would we go to college? Have to do school online? Would it be worth it?

@bfayay Also my concern. It’s truly unbelievable what happened in such a short time. There are just so many unknowns at this point, and it is very hard to plan even into next week.

It seems like it’s going to be off and on quarantine so who knows what’s going to happen. Right now my daughter is going to a school she will not have toured or visited.