The Class of 2024 -- Sharing, venting, discussing! MT

Oh and under BFA MT audition schools, Rockford College is now Rockford University.

U North Carolina Greensboro has audition BFA MT.

Auditions:

Western Connecticut State University BFA MT

UNC-Greensboro BFA Acting w/ MT focus

Not to be picky but the non-audition BFA degree at Texas State is a BFA in Theatre with a Performance and Production Pre-Professional Concentration.

Coastal Carolina has a non-audition BA Theatre (that was what one of my students used as their non-audition safety). Oklahoma City University now has a BA Theatre and Performance. Pepperdine has a BA Theatre and Music (Audition).

Lynn University has a new BFA in Drama with concentration in MT (4 year, audition).

@ontheverge thanks for doing this!

I guess I should correct (sorry) - Lynn University BFA in Drama either Acting or Musical Theater Performance :slight_smile:

Anyone know how much movement happens for U of OK?

@Collegegame2018, have you heard from U of OK? Is there a waitlist? We’ve heard of several acceptances, but wondering if any no’s have gone out.

@Bingosings I have heard of yes’s, no’s, and waitlists going out (U of Oklahoma).

@Bingosings we have been told my kiddo is on a “stand-by” list. Whatever that means! Lol

We haven’t heard anything from U of Oklahoma yet. Or Syracuse for that matter.

@BloomingGirl we are waiting on Syracuse too! It was D’s first audition in November-crickets… Also waiting to see how SUNY Fredonia does their final “live” auditions.

Is anyone else still waiting on Wright St? Missouri St? Anyone scheduled to audition at Fredonia this weekend?

@GeddyMcNutty We are still waiting on Wright.

@GeddyMcNutty, @BrennaK , @Rocketwoman37 , and @BloomingGirl

I would reach out and ask if all decisions have gone out and let them know when you auditioned. My d had to do this. It turned out to be a glitch in their email system.

@BloomingGirl We are also waiting on U of Oklahoma. At this point, we just assume it’s a no and will make a final decision after we hear from NYU (hopefully soon)!

Crucible Cast Party rules that I wish were the MT groups on College Confidential Rules: (not replying to anything in this particular forum, just on other MT parent discussions recently as things get stressful for everybody)

This is a group for KIND people only!
Everyone is going into this process from different points of knowledge. We are all in this together to share what we know and work as a team! Don’t make anyone feel badly for not knowing something.
Mean comments will have consequences.
Any demeaning and/or negative comments, whether aimed at a person or a school, are not allowed. You will be given a warning. Afterwards, any negativity will result in your expulsion from the group.

@allfour1 I agree with that notion. I want to point out, however, that College Confidential ALSO has rules! They are referred to as Terms of Service and Rules. The message boards are moderated. If you find a post that violates the TOS or Rules, you can report it (use the “flag” icon on that post) and the moderators will review it. They might give a warning, might delete the post, and they also ban members. So, this already exists on CC’s Forums. Just sharing this for everyone, not just you, of course.

Here are CC’s Terms of Service:
https://www.collegeconfidential.com/policies/terms-of-service
Here are the Rules:
https://www.collegeconfidential.com/policies/rules/

@GeddyMcNutty My D is still waiting for Missouri State (D&P). I searched “Missouri State” on here last night and found posts from last year indicating that some people heard as late as 4/3; they had been told “early April” when they visited/auditioned. My D may call or e-mail later this week to ask whether all decisions have gone out.