The Class of 2024 -- Sharing, venting, discussing! MT

You’re almost there @wishiknewtgen

@TM701 is it 15 replies?

@wishiknewtgen Just helping you get there.

My D has been gathering info on Hartt from current students .

@wishiknewtgen I believe so, but you also need to log out and then log in for it to update your status.

@wishiknewtgen I believe so, but you also need to log out and then log in for it to update your status.

I made it to 15! I could send a message! Thanks everyone!!

I have no idea why that posted 3 times…

@Dramamomma918 My D is collecting some info too - Could we swap info?

@singerdancermom. They are predicting deaths from covid will far outnumber those from flu

My D has made her final decision and she made the difficult decision to turn down George Mason’s BFA in MT. I hope someone here is on the Waitlist and gets in. She is going to study Theatre and Political Science at Virginia Tech and keep up with her voice lessons.

@mauidad I know and 100% agree that this is FAR more deadly than the flu and will kill many more people. I just wasn’t in the mood to get into a back and forth over that point with the other poster on this forum. Scary times.

Congrats @mindfulmom! VA Tech is a great school!

@wishiknewtgen, I didn’t know 15 was the rule! I’ve been wondering. ??

@Dramamomma918 , @Rocketwoman37
Re:Hartt, If you find out some good information from a student perspective, I would love to know. It looks like a great program based on the research we’ve done so far. Harder to gauge is “fit” without being able to visit. That’s the nerve wracking thing I’m sure for all of us and our kids during this time. I could have never imagined having to select a college site unseen! I’m not able to send private messages yet. Another parent told me there is an accepted student group on FB and our kids may get some good information there. Thanks!

@RVCVRN1 , my daughter is a sophomore at Hartt. She’s acting, not MT, but I know a bit about the MT program too, and of course about life at the school in general. I will PM you!

@Dramamomma918, @Rocketwoman37 , sounds like you’ve already gotten info from Hartt students, but feel free to PM me too!

Oh, I just realized I already PMed with you, @Rocketwoman37! But feel free to ask anything else. :slight_smile:

Thanks! I know that’s why I wish they could defer (but colleges are going to be left with a tough choice too, gotta pay the bills) because I don’t want him to lose his spot. Also not a good year to be traveling all over and auditioning and don’t want to do that again although he maybe would audition at a couple of places if he did a gap year. But it would mainly be to train, grow and have a better Freshman start than this awful situation we are in. It’s bad enough to have a bad ending to senior year/high school.

My son has been talking to students directly at his top top choices, and also hopes to sit in on a virtual class too. It’s starting to help him get a better feel of fit. Ask the guidance counselors if any of these our possibilities. They are also having an online accepted students day but not really sure what that entails. Too bad miss out on the free food. Lol. The virtual tours are pretty good too.