The Class of 2024 -- Sharing, venting, discussing! MT

Has anybody heard anything about Syracuse!? It was supposed to be the last three Fridays of March and I haven’t heard a word back yet…

@bwguy979 - We are still waiting on Syracuse.

@BloomingGirl and @bwguy979 – my D is still waiting too, as are a few of her friends.

@bwguy979 Same here, crickets from both Syracuse and Boco…

@BloomingGirl, @bwguy979 & @TheGist5 Same - Waiting, waiting, waiting - Syracuse was my Ds first audition in Nov and will be the Last school we hear from!

Back when my D applied to Shenandoah in August, she got an e-mail that said, “congrats – you are the FIRST applicant to apply to Shenandoah this year.” – for the whole school.

Yeah…still haven’t heard

So I guess I’m confused about how one navigates a WL. DD has a BFA MT yes she will likely decline, 2 BA MT yesses, one for a program she’s quite interested in and 2 BFA MT WL, one of which might be her top choice. If movement doesn’t happen on the WL until after commitment day usually, does that mean she has to gamble on the WL opening up and pass on the BA MT yes she would consider? I don’t really get how this works.

@minnmt Typically you make your decision with the acceptances you have (assuming you like one). Continue to communicate with the waitlist schools letting them know your continued interest. Then when decision day hits if you haven’t come off your waitlist, place a deposit at your choice of accepted schools. If you come off the waitlist then you can decide to accept the waitlist position and place a deposit there and withdraw from your original choice. But keep in mind you will likely lose your deposit at the original choice. By placing that original deposit you are covered should you not come off the waitlist. Best of luck!

@RVCVRN1 I am glad it was helpful! My D is still sorting her thoughts and feelings, which is taking a bit longer than we expected it would. The domino effect of this pandemic is incredible. D has been very fortunate and has a couple of BFA MT acceptances she is strongly considering, is WL for another and is still waiting to hear from one more. Her financial aid offer from Hartt is not as strong as another school, but the program at Hartt does seem very strong. Hopefully we can sit down and really figure it all out very soon! Best of luck to you and your S as well.

@onette UTA accepted her into the college and verbally in the BFA. I need to see a letter and not an email that is “oh yes you are in”. I’m just skeptical about it but D is a believer.

I’m researching the only other school to accept her for BFA - U of Memphis. They don’t have the Fall 2020 tuition posted yet. The additional fees listed for Theater and Music is voice lessons at $160/week. I’m having a little sticker shock on that although the school isn’t very expensive. I’m not hearing great things about the academics there.

@LinnyLou I don’t know a ton of details about U of Memphis but I have seen a LOT of talented kids from there and the campus is beautiful!

@LinnyLou i know a few of the students at U of M and they are real nice. One of the guys (Riley young) was on the Jimmys a couple of years back too. Campus is pretty and there are plenty of things to do around the area. I live about 20 minutes away and it’s an easy drive from anywhere. Lots of team spirit on campus too.

So I mostly lurk on this page, but I just want to say thank you for all the information I’ve gleaned here this year (and two years ago with my older, who is a BFA MT at The University of Tampa). Last night, my younger daughter finally made her decision - she will be joining her big sister in the BFA MT as well as doing a double major in dance in Tampa. It wasn’t an easy choice - she was also accepted to the BFA MT at LIU and the BFA MTD at Roosevelt (which she turned down today if anyone is on the waitlist). We had planned to tour all of the schools and sit in on the classes so she could compare apples to apples, but with classes cancelled, she had to make her decision having never seen LIU or Roosevelt, and she loves Tampa - the school, the new arts facility, the professors, the kids, etc. My husband and I are thrilled - both kids at one school, and it’s driving distance for us (well, we can drive it in four hours or fly it in under one, so it’s perfect). At any rate, I have always learned a lot here and just wanted to say thanks.

@secondtimemt Congratulations to your daughter for finding her school and to you for having your girls together (and reasonably close!)

Congratulations @secondtimemt! I believe our D’s became friends on the road. She just told me about her friend commiting to Tampa. I am so happy for you guys. Best of luck with everything!

@secondtimemt Congratulations on your D’s decision. Lucky you to have both girls so close!

@modanbsmt001, it definitely could be! It’s nice how they all form friendships at the auditions. Where is your daughter looking at?

@secondtimemt I sent you a message. I believe our D’s were discussing LIU and Roosevelt with each other. It is so nice how they formed friendships at the auditions.

@secondtimemt Congratulations on your D’s decision! Best of luck with her new journey at U of Tampa!

@bwguy979 We released our Syracuse MT offer 10 days ago.