The Class of 2024 -- Sharing, venting, discussing! MT

Quick technical question: how do I start a new thread under a particular musical theatre school? When I click on the school (at the top of this page), I’m directed to the last threads, but I don’t see a button anywhere to start a new discussion within that school forum. I’m missing something…help?

And congratulations to all of the recent acceptances! What a great opportunity for your daughter @NYYFanNowMTdad at a terrific program!

@CanaDad - whew. That took me a while. Navigate to the page you want the topic on and use the saffron “ask your question now” button (top of page, right hand side). It won’t indicate that you are adding a topic to the correct sub-forum but it will show up there.

@CaMom13

Thank you so much!

thanks again from everyone, still a bit in shock less than 24 hrs later.

@7Heartsong3 very. kind of you glad I was helpful #humbled

@intheburbs - be careful what you wish for, we still dont have a final decision but I started typing our final story thread…i’ve been typing for 2 hours and am just finishing up November 2019, page 6 of a word document not sure how many posts that translates into on CC but will need to edit it, I cant post a 12 page word document in here …wonder how many word pages this thread was --best ever IMHO-

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/musical-theater-major/1676940-the-process-our-year-plus-long-odyssey-getting-into-a-musical-theatre-program-p1.html

I hope it doesn’t come across as narcissistic or bragging , I just truly want to pay it forward…stay tuned…

@NYYFanNowMTdad wow! Maybe you should self publish a novel! Mine was 3 pages and a quarter and that fit in two posts. Years later it’ll be amazing to look back and see it all.

@CanaDad ~ only the administrators/moderators can add schools In the “Musical Theatre Schools” area.

@MTSthistime @CaMom13 – that’s awesome about Elon. We got a note from CMU that said,

“Due to the COVID-19 environment, there has been quite a bit of movement on waitlists and yield rates. But just to be clear…you’re still not admitted. Don’t get any big ideas.” :wink:

@StanfordAI2019 Ha ha!!!

LOL @StanfordAI2019 - just to be clear, my D’s letter was not offering her a chance to transfer into MT at Elon! Academic transfer only which is a big fat No interest since she’s a thriving BFA student at NYU already. It was more of an amusing event than an exciting one, I just thought it was coincidental that she’d get a junior year transfer offer the same day as @MTSthistime’s S got a “we don’t do a waitlist but if we had one you were on it and now we’re offering you a spot!” call.

Omg @NYYFanNowMTdad that post was 23 posts long, that means that could have been well over 33 pages long in word! Faint. We all read that so don’t hold yourself back! Especially with all the recent changes the comparisons would be interesting for future kids and parents.

Hey there! I PM’d you!!!

@wishiknewtgen I PM’d you!

Wow. Didn’t see this coming. @Jasklo - perhaps Felicity and William will take you guys out on their yacht. :smiley:

https://triblive.com/local/pittsburgh-allegheny/felicity-huffmans-daughter-accepted-into-carnegie-mellon-after-admissions-scandal/

@StanfordAI2019 thats william " H" to common folk like us

I read that entire story just now…and I feel like I need closure!! Kind of like a “where are they now” episode!! Son should have graduated from Ithaca by now!! Anybody else feel this way???

@wishiknewtgen - truly the BEST thread ever…I actually have Rocky, the Dad’s cell phone though I never called him he told me I could call him any time…I will call to alert him when I post my final decision & Ill tell him everyone wants to know what " Rocky Jr" is at

typo sorry " Woody & Woody JR"

@NYYFanNowMTdad - congrats on BW! Thats awesome!

The quiet today is eerie! But understandable.

Sending positive vibes to all who are close, sending movement energy to all the wait lists and hugs to those keeping the candle lit for June 1! We are with you.

@intheburbs …many zoom sessions today…lots of deep discussions…getting there…