The Class of 2024 -- Sharing, venting, discussing! MT

I emailed, haven’t gotten a response - will update if I do!

Any bluetooth speaker recommendations for auditions without accompanist? I’m leaning toward Bose Soundlink Revolve. Is this more than is necessary?

@GeddyMcNutty I would pick the one that will be wanted for the college dorm and think of it as buying it early. My D used an Omaker because that’s what we had, and it worked well for her. As long as it gets decent reviews, you’ll be good.

My D used the Oontz Angle 3 Ultra because that’s what her choir director used and she liked it. But I agree that as long as the speaker gets good reviews and is easily portable you are good. But it will likely get used in college as well!

The Flip series speakers are fabulous. Definitely look at those.

Also, I just started a new thread for anyone that wants to join in. It is a thread for pre-screen schools that we have received results from.

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/musical-theater-major/2158199-pre-screen-results-list-for-class-of-2024-p1.html?new=1

Also used ontze angle 3. It worked great and was reasonably priced

Can you tell me if there are other colleges that attend Unifieds that are NOT on their website listing? Also, if there are only two schools that our daughter wants to audition for, would it be best to skip Unifieds and just audition on each campus? We are way late to the process so playing catch up! Thanks!

@thedom707 - Here is a list from last year (from this thread: http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/musical-theater-major/2115144-master-list-of-unified-audition-schools.html):

Note: check each college’s current website and/or Acceptd for complete information - some programs listed below may have changed plans for this year, some only hold acting auditions at Unifieds, etc., etc.

Key:
School , Unified Location(s) , Unified or Non-Unified , Walk-ins may be available?

American Academy of Dramatic Arts, CH,LA, Yes
Ball State University, NY / CH / LA , Unified , Yes
Baylor University, CH, Non-unified, Yes
Boston Conservatory at Berklee, NY / CH / LA , Unified , No
Boston University (Acting), NY / CH / LA , Non-Unified , No
Butler University, CH , Non-Unified , Yes
California Institute for the Arts (CalArts), NY / CH / LA , Non-Unified , No
Coastal Carolina, CH/ LA Non-Unified , Yes
Cornish College of the Arts, NY / CH / LA , Unified , Yes
Dean College, CH, Yes
DeSales University CH, Yes
Drake University, CH , Non-Unified , Yes
Emerson College, NY / CH / LA , Unified , No
Five Towns College CH, Yes
Florida State University (Acting Only), NY / CH / LA , Unified , No
Fordham University, CH , Non-Unified , Yes
Institute of the Arts Barcelona, NY, ?, Yes
Ithaca College, NY / CH / LA , Unified , No
James Madison University (MT & TH), NY, Non-Unified, No
Liverpool Institute for the Performing Arts (LIPA), CH, LA Non-Unified , Yes
Long Island U. (LIU-Post), CH , Non-Unified , Yes
Long Island U.(Brooklyn) CH, Yes
Lynn University CH, Yes
Millikin
Missouri State, CH, Non-Unified, Yes
Molloy College/CAP21, CH/ LA, Non-Unified , Yes
Montclair State University, NY / CH / LA , Unified , Yes
Nazareth College, CH, Yes
Nebraska Wesleyan, CH, Non-Unified, ?
New York Conservatory for the Dramatic Arts (NYCDA), CH , Non-Unified , Yes
New York Film Academy CH, Yes
Northern Illinois University, NY / CH / LA , Unified , Yes (Acting only I believe in NY)
NYU-Tisch , NY / CH / LA , Non-Unified , No
Oklahoma City University (OCU), CH , Non-Unified , Acting Only, Yes
Ohio Northern, CH , Non-Unified , Yes
Ohio University, NY / CH / LA, Non-Unified, Yes
Otterbein University, NY / CH / LA , Unified , Yes (CH)
Pace University, NY / CH / LA , Non-Unified , No
Pennsylvania State University, NY / CH / LA , Unified , No
Point Park University, NY / CH / LA , Unified , No
Rider University, NY / CH / LA , Unified , Yes
Roosevelt University, NY / CH / LA , Unified , Yes
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, NY, ? Yes
Royal Welsh Academy, CH , Non-Unified , Yes
Rutgers (Acting), NY / CH / LA , Non-Unified , No
Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD), NY / CH / LA , Unified , Yes
Southern Illinois University, CH, Yes
Southern Methodist University, NY / CH / LA , Unified , Yes
SUNY Cortland, NY, ?, Yes
SUNY Purchase, NY / CH / LA , Non-Unified , Yes
Syracuse University (Acting), NY / CH / LA , Non-Unified , No
Temple University, NY / CH , Non-Unified , Yes
Texas Christian University, NY / CH / LA , Unified , Yes
Texas Tech, CH, non-unified
Texas State, NY / CH / LA , Non-Unified , Yes
The New School, CH, Yes
The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, CH , Non-Unified , Yes
The University of Evansville, NY / CH / LA , Unified , Yes
The University of the Arts, NY / CH / LA , Unified , Yes
University of Arizona, CH / LA, Yes
University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB), CH , Non-Unified , Yes
University of Cincinnati (CCM), NY / CH / LA , Unified , No
University of Evansville, NY / CH / LA , Unified , Yes
University of Hartford - The Hartt School, NY / CH / LA , Unified , Yes
University of Illinois/Lyric theatre, CH, Yes
University of Miami, NY / CH / LA , Unified , Yes
University of Michigan, NY / CH / LA , Unified , No
University of N. Colorado, CH , Non-Unified , Yes
University of Oklahoma - Helmerich School of Drama, NY / CH / LA , Unified , Yes
University of Oklahoma - Weitzenhoffer School of Musical Theatre, NY / CH / LA , Unified , No
University of Utah, NY / CH / LA , Unified , Yes
UW - Steven’s Point, CH , Non-Unified , Yes
Viterbo University, NY / CH / LA , Unified , Yes
Webster University, NY / CH / LA , Unified , No
Western Connecticut, NY, Non-Unified, ?
Western Michigan, CH , Non-Unified , Yes

You can use the Search function to find a myriad of past threads full of info on Unifed auditions.

@thedom707 If your D only wants to audition for two schools, auditioning on campus (if possible) is always a good idea. She can get a feel for the campus/students/program/etc. a little better than at Unifieds.

@thedom707 ~ The only way a school is on the official unified list is if they attend all three locations. Case in point, Michigan MT is in Chicago but they don’t go to NY so they are not on the list.

Thank you so much for this!! We have tried to get this information for so long and this is so helpful. Can you tell me how you secure a walk in spot? We are attending the Atlanta CAP auditions in November and hoping that will sort out some information and let her get the feel of how things work a little bit.

@thedom707 If you are speaking about walk in spots at Unifieds, there is no way to “secure” one. Those Universities that are taking walk-ins (realize many don’t and you won’t know who is till they post at Unifieds if they are) are on a first come first serve basis. They usually have a list to sign up outside their rooms. Some schools require you to pay an audition fee/application fee when walking-in, so bring a checkbook. Walk-in spots are limited so be prepared to be checking out every day whose is having them. The only way to guarantee and audition spot is to go through the audition process for each school and get an appt.

Is there anyone else out there who has not submitted prescreens yet? We are close but still have writing for some of the schools and a tiny bit of editing on the videos. Please tell me we are not alone!

@MTSthistime , you are not alone. We have submitted some, but not others, for the same reasons you cited. Plus, we discovered yesterday that an acting program that was a late add to the list has a requirement not covered by any of the videos we shot…so now we have to reshoot one monologue for that one school! Ugh, feels like we will never be done, but my D knows many kids who haven’t shot any of their videos yet, let alone submitted anything…so I think we’re still ok. :slight_smile:

MTSthistime–you’re definitely not alone! My D just submitted the majority of her apps and is planning to submit her prescreens in the next week or so. We were under the impression that we were pretty much on schedule… She also has just 1 or 2 supplements to finish up but is THIS close to being done!

I’ve actually been staying off this board for a bit, as reading about everyone else’s progress was making me hyperventilate–no offense to those who have already submitted apps & prescreens, but for my own mental state, I needed a break from stressing about the schedule… I’m now trying to be more “zen” and have decided that D is doing her job on the timeline she set out for herself, and that she’s doing the best she can do. Hopefully it will all work out in the end! Best of luck to your MT child!

It’s normal to take a hiatus in late Spring too as you’re waiting to hear back from schools and the waitlist process begins. When I went through this process two years ago daily scripture & yoga/meditation apps on iPhone helped tremendously. It’s good to take breaks from this process. Highly recommend. The college BFA audition process is a long journey. But on the other side your college kid is super happy once settled in a program.

You are not alone. Taping pre-screens this weekend. Still finishing common app essay. My D keeps putting this off (too much homework, tired from rehearsal). It’s frustrating, but she’s got to do the work. I can’t do it for her. For as much time and effort my husband and I have put in to support her in this pursuit, it’s going to be up to her to make the deadlines. She already missed Elon. Trying to keep calm.

You are not alone. Still working on pre-screens here, but made sure to get apps and auditions set for the non-prescreen schools on the list first.

@GeddyMcNutty yes the apps & essays are critical time-wise, Baldwin Wallace already has both November dates completely booked and unavailable as per their website and they don’t go to unifieds