The Class of 2025 -- Sharing, Venting, Discussing! MT

Thanks, but it doesn’t feel like it. We both work for a theatre owned by BU and have a strong connection.She had a beautiful rec letter that was bu program specify. She is a high achieving student, right in line with their acceptances- 4.25 weighted gpa. She attends a community college duality enrolled in high school and is in NHS at the High school as well as 2 college honor societies. The transfer acceptance details felt like it was academic based, and I just don’t get it.

(BU) Congrats to your daughter!!

1 Like

(BU) Yes- I am interpreting it the same - that he didn’t get into the BFA Acting program. Very hard to understand these letters. But it is all good-

1 Like

(BU) Finally a yes for my D! Accepted into the BFA program at BU. If anyone has insights into the program we’d love to hear please as we don’t know much about it except that it’s Acting with an option for MT second year? But wow does it feel good to finally get a yes!! There was confetti!

23 Likes

@theatremom1314 I am so happy for you! And what a great yes to get. Fantastic program, university, city. YAY!!!

2 Likes

That is so wonderful!!! Congrats to you and your D!!!

2 Likes

SYRACUSE…any BTDT parents know how long the waves go on, lol!!! Some of us need closure puhlease!!!

6 Likes

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

What good news for you!! Such a great program. Congrats!!

Yay! Congratulations! :tada:

1 Like

Congrats!

1 Like

congrats!

1 Like

Would love to hear more about your daughter’s experience at Point Park. Mine was accepted for BFA Acting, and we’re in the deep dive research phase of things to choose her best fit school. She grew up in the MT world but really wants an acting degree. Her best fit school would be one where she can still take voice and be able to audition for musicals as well as the plays. Point Park seems to check those boxes but I love to hear from a student if that’s actually the reality. We want to make sure she lands at a schools where the Acting kids are just as valued as the MT kids, and the Acting program isn’t considered “2nd” to the MT program :slight_smile: Would love your/her insight.

2 Likes

(BU)I am over the moon for you both!!!

3 Likes

We did the same for Spring Break, as were still waiting on a few schools!! It was MUCH needed time with friends to “not” think about auditions/colleges, and just to be kids!! We also got no’s from Northwestern, and the last few schools have been WL’s. Waiting on one more. Question- do you plan to visit any of the wait list schools? I’m not sure what to do- as our time is SO limited. We have 5 as well-8 in all, combining both of my boys.

(Point Park) My son was recently accepted into the MT program. Would also love to hear more about your daughter’s experience there. Like@EitherActingorMT, my son wants a place where the MTs and Actors take acting class together and have overlap, can both audition for musicals and dramas, etc.

1 Like

Yay!! The weight that lifts is amazing.

There was a parent on here last year who’s D committed. You can probably find her in the 2024 thread and PM. If I saw her screen name I would recognize it but I’m drawing a blank at the moment.

1 Like

Congrats!

1 Like

Same to you guys!

I remember these feelings all too well. Last year, D had a school that quite frankly, I always envisioned her attending. I confess I had her all moved in in my mind. From my earshot she nailed the audition. The speed of that rejection letter hitting our mailbox meant they had it written the second she was out the door. Meanwhile that same level of audition performance got her accepted and waitlisted at similar if not more competitive programs. The randomness of it all continues to blow my mind. I know me sharing doesn’t fix it, but I hope you find a little comfort that someone recognizes this feeling and got to see her kid come out the other side thriving and happy as a clam in her program.

12 Likes