The Class of 2025 -- Sharing, Venting, Discussing! MT

The last school DS was waiting to hear from was NYU, and he’s ending on a high note with a Yes from Steinhardt!

13 Likes

Oh my goodness. I think my dd just got accepted to NYU Steinhardt MT! However, she said the letter just says congrats on admission to Steinhardt and nothing about the major. Does this seem right? She said her friend’s letter says the same about Tisch and no major.

8 Likes

I don’t think my D’s letter from Tisch indicated a major, although I’m assuming it’s BFA acting

7 Likes

My student just got into Tisch too! Congrats to your kids accepted to Steinhardt and Tisch!

11 Likes

DS letter for Steinhardt is the same - no mention of major. I am assuming (hoping!!!) that it is for MT since that is what he applied for. But would also love to hear from others, can anyone confirm?

4 Likes

My dd just found where it says “major - vocal performance” but does not list the MT concentration. I messaged another Steinhardt MT mom who has a freshman there and she said her daughter’s letter said the same last year and they just didn’t include the concentration on the letter. But it was all good and was for MT

4 Likes

Waitlisted at Tisch. (The uncertainty for me is unbearable).

5 Likes

@Mt2025mom Ok yes we see that too, in the Admission Information section, it lists BM Vocal Performance (no concentration). Sounds like it is for reals!

4 Likes

(Waitlists) Does anyone have information to share related to waitlists and financial aid packages? Am I correct in assuming you would not receive any financial aid info unless you were fortunate enough to come off the waitlist. Does this also mean there is a much less chance of getting any aid since you would be coming in late in the admissions game?

1 Like

Same question here. My D is waitlisted at Steinhardt and we can’t afford to go there unless she gets a significant aid package.

1 Like

Congrats–our DD got into Tisch too and is likely going. They will place them in studios after they are admitted. You have to be open to it–kind of like the sorting hat at Hogwarts! You can switch at the end of year 2 but the studio system is usually something people dont like about Tisch

5 Likes

My D will prob not go to NYU, thus opening up a spot for waitlisters. It’s a great school and program, but she doesn’t really want to be in NYC.

1 Like

A no for my D from Tisch. On top of nos from BU and Northwestern last week, she is really crushed to be shut out from her top choices. For those waiting on Syracuse, my D just got email that her decision is in but she can’t bring herself to open it just yet.

8 Likes

kind of stunned here. DD was waitlisted at Syracuse! didn’t expect that!

10 Likes

the wait list letter says they will let you know after june 1st. is that typical for syracuse? anyone know when ppl typically know if they have gotten in? thanks to all.

My D waitlisted for BFA Acting at Syracuse.

5 Likes

I have heard this about Ithaca too, if anyone has information on their timing, I would love to know!

My son is the opposite- accepted at Syracuse (Acting)and waitlisted at Tisch. Wish I could swap my sons acting acceptance at Syracuse for your daughter’s acceptance into Tisch, lol!

2 Likes

Seriously. She has a friend who wants NYU so badly and was waitlisted. If only she could pick who gets her spot!!!

2 Likes

Congrats on the waitlist .There really isn’t anything typical about last year or this year . There were a few people who came off the waitlist last year for both acting and MT at Cuse. One girl in my daughters class came off in the first week in August and withdrew from the other school .

2 Likes