The Class of 2025 -- Sharing, Venting, Discussing! MT

Why is it that every prescreen “no” my DD gets the harder it is for us to even think that there will be a place for them. Now I am just wondering if there is another school to have her apply to. Ugh! How do you all do it?

2 Likes

Do you know of any other MT schools still accepting applications?

You are not alone —-many people start adding last minute in January. Wagner is known for having the last auditions in March. Many people add them in-in January after results come in. Muhlenberg is another one. CAp21/Molloy. There are more…Last year we added Hartt later I think and Catholic.

1 Like

Congratulations!!! Both mine- WL, but we’ll take it !!

WL at BW here too. They only take two for MT direction, so we wait.

Break-a-leg c/o 2025! I’m a parent of a c/o 2024 Molloy College CAP21 student. I got so much from CC parents who came before me. Happy to return the favor to the next class and answer any questions (that I can) from those who are considering CAP21. Hang in there, all.

3 Likes

Anyone know anything about University of south Dakota? D applied because she heard great VP program but also applied to their MT program.

Elon artistic decisions for early auditions have been sent.

1 Like

Does anyone know if the schools participating in Unifieds will leave open “walk in” spots like they do when I they are in person?

How do you register for unifieds? I assume through the school you are applying to? Thanks.

Yes, audition appointments are handled by each individual school, even for Unifieds dates.

Anyone else apply to audition at Uarts in late January (or later)? We picked a date back in October and were told we’d hear more details later (time, etc), but still haven’t heard anything. Just wanted to check if this is true for others or if we should contact the school after winter break.

I gotta say…nothing like hearing you didn’t pass a prescreen and then having the school send you an ENORMOUS envelope that’s welcoming you to the school (academically). Gotta love it!!! I get it but I wish they would communicate with each other about this!

2 Likes

Same. So heartbreaking - and it came with a massive financial package, but still a no to the program.

1 Like

That’s insensitive. I was reading on one of these threads that someone who applied EA or ED received an envelope that had written on the outside “open if you don’t like waiting.” on the inside was a pamphlet on techniques for waiting/patience. Not cute, not charming. Some kids who won’t get in are getting those pamphlets too.

Omg that’s disgusting!!! Would take them right off my list if it were me.

It’s happened at least 3 times to my daughter. And one school is positively hounding us! Constant emails and letters’ SMH

Well - for those of you who are doing this for the first time, I can only say steel yourself. There will be multiple packages, emails, letters and postcards, (sometimes including banners and trinkets!) that congratulate your child on their academic acceptance for several months after you get a big, fat artistic no. It is most definitely a flaw in the system. I think my favorite was a full sized (!) college mascot flag delivered to our house the day after we received notice she was not accepted artistically. Toss it and move on!!

5 Likes

Yeah I see that this is how it rolls. I just was saying that I think it’s a flaw, b/c the first one or two, okay but the third one was like enough already!! Today she opened up her email to find a very nice scholarship from one of her schools but there wasn’t an artistic decision yet. Yup!!

Just in case anyone is looking to add a few auditions, I thought I’d pass this along. NATCA is in late January and will have 24 colleges that your student can virtually audition for in one weekend. Here is the website: https://www.collegeauditionprepweekend.com/

1 Like

Yeah, the left hand and right hand need to get together.

2 Likes