The Class of 2025 -- Sharing, Venting, Discussing! MT

Hi! Does anyone know if Shenandoah MT is doing rolling admissions this year?

Congratulations on Viterbo! LaCrosse is a lovely little town. I went to UW LaCrosse, so very familiar. We live in the Mpls area, roughly 3 hours away.

We know a female freshman in the MT BFA program who is great and a good friend of my D’s has also accepted for the class of 2025 and it is her first choice - also a great girl. My D’s audition there isn’t until the end of February
I hope they have some slots left!

All the best to your daughter! Wonderful to have found a place that she will be very happy to attend.

The cast list posts for my D’s final high school musical today. Always nerve wracking

The plan is to do it outdoors in May. In MN it can snow in May or be gorgeous, so this will be interesting.

Hopeful for good news! I know you all can relate to the nervous anticipation :laughing:

I am not sure about admissions, but they are letting the ones that were not accepted know very quickly. DS auditioned on a Sat and found out on a Friday that he wasn’t accepted to the MT program. Despite the disappointment, he said he was thankful he didn’t have to wait until March.

1 Like

Yes- my D did not apply to Shenandoah but she has a good friend who got a “no” 5 days after her audition.

1 Like

Thanks for posting this
my daughter got accepted to Montclair undeclared with state tuition approved (we live in California). She’s already been accepted to the Millikin U. MT program and she is leaning to going there, but it is good to know this about Montclair. Thank you!

1 Like

Have not heard of any admissions as of yet, but they are letting folks know they are still in the running not long after audition.

“Our audition season ends on February 27th and we will be notifying applicants shortly thereafter with final decisions.” That’s part of the text of the email kids who are still in the running are getting from Shenandoah.

1 Like

Has anyone heard from Point Park, University of OK, IWU, or Rider yet?

1 Like

Yes we heard from Rider. D got an offer about 3 days post-audition.

Someone else on this thread has gotten an offer from Point Park. Timing seems all over the place!

3 Likes

Rider let us know she is still being considered and their class would be chosen in March.

2 Likes

I am very happy that your D is getting to do a final musical! My daughter’s school is doing a “showcase” where they are each filming their own videos. It’s just like what they did for their auditions. (we’re in Los Angeles, so there is no chance of a live performance).

1 Like

We are grateful there will be a show! It is Something Rotten, my D is Bea and dancing, alternating with another student. It will be fun to do both.

We did a showcase in the fall, also outside fully masked and distanced. The first weekend was ~35 degrees, the second snowed out, and that was the end. And that is MN in October!

I hope your D’s showcase goes well and that we can all be moving on normally by fall.

1 Like

What school in LA? My daughter’s school is struggling with this format (and not doing a good job IMO)

Couple questions-
Does anyone know if BW has sent out “you’re still in consideration” emails? I’ve only heard yes, no or waitlist.
Also- OKCU- auditioned at CAP, received a call back, but nothing since. I understand the final audition was an interview for most others. Anyone have any info on their process?

BW - We got a no probably about a month after audition. We have not heard from OKCU. She submitted her materials three weeks ago and has only heard word on her academic acceptance. I also would love to know if anyone has more information on what to expect from OKCU’s process!

Also, as an FYI for anyone waiting on Shenandoah, we received an email about an hour ago inviting us to a Zoom information session on the program. If you’re waiting to hear from Shenandoah, you might check your email for that notice!

We auditioned for OKCU at CAP. We were told it was the final audition, and only had to submit the dance video. I’ve heard from others that their call back was an interview. So the prescreens must serve as the final audition as well.

Did you audition for Wagner? Have you heard anything back?

Is there a way to private message you on here? I am trying to figure it out, but I can’t. LOL

Same with my daughter. She really likes Montclair and wants to be close to NYC, so I think she is going to end up there.