The Class of 2025 -- Sharing, Venting, Discussing! MT

Wait… you were cast in a lead role at Michigan and you went there as a non-BFA, regular academic student?! That’s INCREDIBLE! Holy Cow. I didn’t even know they would consider non-majors for their shows, and it’s freaking U-Mich. Congrats. That’s very, very cool!

1 Like

While it is certainly very cool this student had a lead role in a musical at U of Michigan and is not in the BFA MT program there, Musket productions are student-run productions, and not departmental theater productions and so they would not be limited to casting those in the BFA program.

3 Likes

(TISCH) just interested - did anyone get accepted ED?

umich calls are going out!

9 Likes

You were great! I loved MUSKET’s Newsies! So creative and well done.

2 Likes

My son got into Wanger but waitlisted for the program, we heard at 10 am on Tuesday.

2 Likes

I know of a number of kids accepted both ED and ED2 to Tisch.

1 Like

Now? For MT?

1 Like

Long time lurker, first time poster :). My S was accepted to Elon MT in December and he just received the call for MT acceptance from UMich!!! He is absolutely thrilled!!! You guys have definitely been “friends in my head” and have kept me sane. I felt it only appropriate to share the news with you guys.

29 Likes

Has anyone received emails or portal updates for Michigan? Congratulations on the great news!

2 Likes

Still haven’t gotten an update. Want to take that as a sign for something but don’t want to get my hopes up. :crossed_fingers:

Those are some great choices! Congrats to your son!!

1 Like

i’m telling you reality shows have nothing on this! so exciting!!

just want to encourage everyone to post their kids acceptance on the acceptance thread. that way we can keep current lists so people can reach out to one another.

this is the thread:

congratulations to all the michigan acceptances!!

3 Likes

Yes

1 Like

Congratulations! please look for a PM

Thank you for that, Moosgirlemy2. Our daughter applied to 21 programs and right now has two acceptances with 9 more schools to hear from and I really have a sickening feeling it is going to be a blood bath. Trying to be happy about the one we have but it’s painful to consider the various ways our dreams have been cut down–when kids we know are getting in EVERYWHERE. I appreciated reading what you wrote so thank you.

7 Likes

Has Michigan sent out their emails? Past thread says they usually send them out all at once. Nothing here yet, but guessing they just haven’t been sent yet.

I feel like I could have written this!

Go Blue!!! Congratulations to your boy! Welcome to Michigan!!!

1 Like

congrats again to the michigan peeps!!!

curious if anyone has heard from illinois wesleyan or kent state?

thanks in advance!

1 Like