The Class of 2025 -- Sharing, Venting, Discussing! MT

(Tisch) no callbacks for my D. Just waiting !

1 Like

(Ball state). Thanks for the info! My dd auditioned in November and she hasn’t heard anything yet.

oh the waiting! April 1 seems so far away!

We are waiting on BOCO too. Auditioned mid January I believe. We are also waiting on Pace. Has anyone heard from them? I know they say April 1, but just curious.

2 Likes

Still waiting on Pace too

Still waiting on Pace for Acting and ITC and BOCO for Contemporary Drama. She applied EA to both, but had late auditions, so I guess that probably effected her notification dates.

1 Like

(BST) waiting here too

1 Like

Re: Pace - We have seen 2 emails from them recently that list the performing arts notification date as 3/31, which is definitely later than prior years and falls after their regular decision deadline. We are waiting on both MT and Acting for the Camera.

3 Likes

Thank you! Are you going to UCONN as well?

No, we didn’t apply. We got a yes from S, top pick so we are basically done too! :crossed_fingers:t5:

2 Likes

Congrats! Being done and happy with where you’re going is such a good feeling. These kids work really hard and the process is so stressful.

1 Like

@E2L1DC dare I suggest final decision thread :)??!

Btw I dont know if any of you watch American Idol, but last night there was a fr MT girl from Northern Kentucky that Lionel Ritchie, Katie Perry & Luke Bryant basically called her the next coming of BEYONCE
My only point in bringing this up today is to say that while Im sure NKU has a great BFA MT program, its not one you often hear of on these boards, its not a typical top 10 school & here comes this girl that they dubbed a STAR, food for thought as the " dream school " Nos come in like they do for almost everyone at this stage
 just sayin

14 Likes

(Carnegie) Did your daughter received a decision already? Her friend got an interview 2 weeks ago and got a waitlist for MT email last week. After 4th audition, we got an email just saying decisions will be in late March. Didn’t get interview invite either.

We are still waiting on four schools, two of which are on par program-wise with the acceptance my daughter has in hand. But she has had a week to envision herself at her accepted school and has all but decided that’s where she will be. She’s starting to vibe with current students on social media and doing lots of research on her own, but it’s so different this year because she hasn’t had the personal connection with the program heads she would have had with live auditions. I’m encouraging her to wait to decide until she has done the virtual admitted students events for the program. We are also hoping to visit campus in April. It helps that she and I BOTH just had our second vaccine dose.

(Carnegie) She got a no this last Thursday for Acting. Devastated especially after 5 auditions. Her friend got MT waitlist on same day. Email was through Acceptd.

4 Likes

BoCo sends emails to check the portal for decisions. Occasionally they will also make phone calls to some students, but it’s usually after the emails go out.

Anyone who auditioned before January 18th got their decision at the end of January, I think it was Jan 28 or 29th.

For those who auditioned after January 18th, the website says they will find out by April 1st. Based on past years notifications, it could be anywhere between March 15-April 1.

2 Likes

D received an email (at least I think it was an email) from Pace MT which said they would be notifying sometime “this week or next”.

2 Likes

RE: CMU
That whole process sounds excruciating. I get that they all have their process but truly, what an awful lot to go through to then get a no. I hope your daughter has some fabulous other offers she feels good about to soften the blow. So tough!

1 Like

(PACE) in the application portal for FA, it says mid march

1 Like

(CMU) We had the same experience but it was a good experience as they were nice all along. In the end, the experience was useful