The Class of 2025 -- Sharing, Venting, Discussing! MT

Still nothing from IWU! Feels like forever.

Not gonna lie, after 6 rejections (Baldwin Wallace the most recent one yesterday), we were very excited to get a yes from Muhlenberg this afternoonā€¦and with a very nice talent and merit scholarship package. 5 more schools to hear from!

21 Likes

Silence from IWU!

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Thatā€™s AWESOME!!! Congrats!!!

YES we had 4 waitlist last year- timing and details in our final decision thread, I recall someone last year having 5 ( I think that was the most last year) Iā€™ll give all the cliff notes( I am dating myself) version of our experience though YMMV especially since this was all online Iā€™m not surprised there are many more waitlists. I always felt like the proliferation of applications would create much greater waitlist movement and last year that seemed to be somewhat trueā€¦ its" musical chair math"

Ball State- they almost always call accepted students the last week of February. Bill Jenkins does it himself usually. They have a class of around 24-28 & my recollection is they accepted around 42 kids in February( my numbers may be off a bit). Then around the same time ( maybe a week later) there were calls ( not from Bill himself) and emails for the " priority waitlist" we got one of those calls. & " regular waitlist" I think were all emails? portal update? My recollection is in early April we were one of the first that got a call from Bill accepting my D off the priority waitlist. we were heavily considering BSU until the BW acceptance, love everything about the people and this program.

Baldwin Wallace - we were waitlisted on 3/10 there were some people told they were priority waitlist, we were never told that. there were 2-3 somewhat secretive invited zoom sessions for waitlisted kids roughly every other week, there was also an update where they dropped half the waitlist via email sometime in late march/ early april. we got a call on 4/26 offered a spot even though some people who were told priority were not called. Vicky is very specific that she WL by type so its very possible we were fortunate to be in the " right lane". I think we were the last person offered a spot in a class of 22 ( 12 M/10 F)

Arizona- were waitlisted even though we never submitted the dance video but had a live audition at chicago unifieds ( no dance call) so we were pleasantly shockedā€¦ were told we were still in the running but when the BW acceptance came we dropped off the waitlist, so no idea if we would have ultimately been accepted or not. but we were still on that WL as of 4/29. Hank & Danny are gentlemen & super approachable

Indiana- similar to 'Zona as far as timing and how we managed, we were originally waitlisted from the prescreen. then got offered an audition spot the weekend after chicago unifieds, so we were again pleasantly surprised to be waitlistedā€¦side bar clearly my girl was an in the room gal so I shudder to think what our results would have been this year. we dropped off the IU WL on 4/29 as well.

while we were on the waitlists, keep in mind covid had just taken hold of the country ( NBA season was cancelled on 3/12) so were were using communication w program heads, faculty and students to communicate with all programs accepted and waitlisted as a substitute for visits which were not allowed. Im not sure if they are allowing in person visits this year.

Hope that helpsā€¦I do think though Iā€™m not as close to it this year that there will be WL movement at all schools ( even CMU occasionally has WL movement) I donā€™t buy the stories that school X or Y never goes to the WL- except maybe CMU some years & UM some years for others I think its bravado, but what do I know LOLā€¦with so many applicants due to the remote nature this year I think the math will point to lots of movement- EVEN THE SPARKLY UNICORNS :slight_smile: :smiley: they can only accept one offer

my 2 cents

hang in there

8 Likes

D got a Yes email from Western Carolina for MT BFA today. Thatā€™s Malloy/Cap21 and WC as Yesā€™s so far, with WL at Marymount Manhattan.

11 Likes

S got a Yes from Illinois Wesleyan today. It was an email to check his portal.

8 Likes

Nothing here from IWU!

Congrats to your son!

1 Like

Thank you! Itā€™s the rollercoaster ride everyone promised isnā€™t it?!

2 Likes

My D just got notified of acceptance into ECU MT but with a catch.She has to claim one of 14 spots by March 23rd. Is this normal? She has other schools outstanding and ECU is not 1st choice. I havenā€™t seen schools require such a quick turnaround decision.

Thank you so much for your insight. Iā€™m definitely more stressed than my son, but keeping my fingers crossed at the same time.

@adig43 the folks from last year will remember this was my fav video clip as it pertains to waitlists:

7 Likes

Lol

I just want this to be OVER! I am losing it folks, I just want to plan our spring break and I cannot do it because I DONā€™T KNOW WHERE WE CAN GO!

This is torture for plannersā€¦I know you all understand this. Just had to vent a bit before diving into my daily spreadsheets and powerpoints : )

I feel better! Have a great day!

16 Likes

with you all the way.

2 Likes

THIS - I.Cant.Plan! :joy:. Hold on friends! ā€œThe darkest part of the night comes right before the dawn.ā€

2 Likes

dawn please
come!!!

3 Likes

@onette sorry to tag you twice, but I know you are a coach so I thought you could answer the above question. Can ECU require a response by 3/23? That doesnā€™t seem okay from everything Iā€™ve read and heard.