The Class of 2025 -- Sharing, Venting, Discussing! MT

(IWU) We are still waiting as well…but based on this info, won’t throw in the towel yet.

Interesting - in giving this a read, there’s a subtle difference in the wording. According to the actual document: “Members are encouraged to work with other campus offices such as academic departments, housing and financial aid to create a consistent deadline that does not require students to make a commitment or accept an offer prior to May 1.” The word “recommendation” is also used here.

Note that this is not a rule nor is it a requirement - it is encouraged/recommended. Hopefully, all your colleges will adhere to the encouraged date. :slight_smile:

Yes, there is a big difference between “should” and “shall”. So far it looks like a very large percentage of schools are doing what they should do.

We did and my d was accepted! Exciting!

5 Likes

Got our first yes! Columbia College of Chicago BFA. Truly is the best feeling after so many no’s!

25 Likes

WONDERFUL!!! yup i slept much better after that first yes!!!

7 Likes

Congrats to you jayamylee! You must be so relieved and excited.

3 Likes

Congratulations! Was that MT or Acting? Waiting on Acting over here

2 Likes

Hi, it was MT-fingers crossed for Acting!

2 Likes

One of the few BA Theatre audition programs my DD applied (most were MT) was Fordham. A week or so ago I heard about a student receiving an audition, but I haven’t heard anything recently. Anyone still waiting?

We have confirmation PACE has started making calls. (Not to us)

4 Likes

Is it for Musical Theatre

Yes it was a PACE MT

4 Likes

agreed & could add that last year schools extended decision dates to June 1-Aug 1 due to Covid.

1 Like

Sorry - receiving a decision, not audition. I guess I still have auditions on the brain!

My son just got acceptance call from PACE MT !!! :purple_heart:Yesterday a yes from UArts and day before a yes from Muhlenberg! It’s been a great week!:tada: Sending good vibes to all who are waiting on calls today.

25 Likes

that’s fabulous!! congratulations to him and you as well!

1 Like

Congrats to your son! What great news!

1 Like

Woohoo! Congrats to him! :blue_heart::performing_arts::blue_heart:

1 Like

Just giving a heads up…Pace is also making calls today to recruit students for their general virtual welcome event. Excitedly returned the missed call, left message, only to receive a call back with this general information. Very disappointing! Congrats to those receiving the MT call!!! Sending good wishes to everyone!!!