The Class of 2025 -- Sharing, Venting, Discussing! MT

Anyone hear any word today from Emerson?

I was literally typing that same question about Emerson! I was told by admissions that decisions for both the college and the MT program would be delivered together, via email on April 1st. I did see someone else posting that it would possibly be today, but that may have been based off of last year. Nothing came via email today and no updates to her portal.

I would agree that sending an email prior to the decision is unlikely to make a difference. I was advised by my D’s Musical Theatre Academy Director, though, that if they get waitlisted, it is appropriate to email them to say thank you and let them know that you remain very interested.

1 Like

That was me who said today for Emerson. Our coach has connections there and mentioned that she had heard today or tomorrow for Emerson. So we shall see.

Everything they publish says “by april 1” so it gives them lots of leeway to do it earlier or to do it on the 1st!!!

While my D does have some acceptances now, there have been many rejections so I’m reluctant to have hopes up for Emerson or Syracuse, which are her two toughest schools remaining.

The three others are a little less competitive.

Anyway congratulations to any other CCPA/Roosevelt acceptances out there. Sadly, it is no longer an option for us. (Sigh)

3 Likes

Good to know that it still may come tomorrow! My D has only 1 acceptance to a BA Theatre (MT option) from UNH; 1 waitlist (Fredonia, BFA MT). Rejected after audition to Arizona (BFA MT). Still waiting on Colorado Boulder (BFA MT) but she isn’t all that interested in that one. Holding out for NYU (Steinhardt - BM in MT - her top choice) and Emerson, both of which are obviously reach schools. And then even if she gets it, they are likely to be reach schools from a financial standpoint as well. This is sooo stressful!! Good luck to your D on Emerson or Syracuse!

1 Like

March is hard :frowning:

10 Likes

If anyone applied to American University, email received today saying decisions are coming out on 3/17.:four_leaf_clover:

That is so kind of you! I hope NYU or Emerson comes through for her!! Yes, NYU of course is April 1, so hopefully you will hear soon from Emerson.

My d’s coach just told me she continues to be stunned by the level of competition this year. She said it just isn’t like any other. The level of competition is so fierce.

I guess it’s time to remember the mantra, they bloom where they are planted. I’ll let you know if we hear from Emerson!!

All best!

3 Likes

My d applied to a American and did not get this email. Was it from the university or musical theater department ?

1 Like

My S is very excited about his acceptances, but there are still several schools we’re waiting on. The schools he applied to before 12/15 all got back to him quickly with a “yes” or “no,” whether on academic acceptance, audition invite or both. A couple of others have been very transparent about where they stand in the slow process. As for the others, I do tend to agree with the “puzzle” metaphor, but I also think there are cases where the school knows that the answer is “no” and I wish they would just say so to allow my son to figure out which schools he can write off and which ones to focus on for his final decision. Case in point – there is one school he loves where he was not invited to audition and I don’t believe there is a BA option, so it can only be a “no,” but no word from the school. And he’s holding out hope only because they are leaving him hanging, when he really needs to “pull off the bandage.”

Question for folks accepted into a PACE Performing Arts BFA program: My son had previously been accepted academically and had a financial aid/award letter. Has anyone who had also been previously been accepted seen a change in the aid letter now that they have been accepted into the BFA program?? My son’s has not changed. Hoping it is going to and that it is just too soon for any performance related scholarships.

Re: Pace My daughter was accepted very early, academically with 2 Honors scholarships and a housing grant. With fin aid award they added a small Pace grant. Found out today about BFA Acting. No additional changes to Fin. Aid.

1 Like

For those waiting on Emerson, admissions took questions in their instagram stories today and one of the questions was when decisions were coming out. The reply was “decisions will be released soon, and you’ll be emailed when your decision is available via the portal.” Not very specific, I know, but sounds sooner than April 1st, at least, we hope! :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Point Park is supposed to be Wednesday, right?

Yes we heard Wednesday for PP. Good luck to your D!

1 Like

Re: American - It came from AU Admissions, not the MT department. It says that the rollout will start at 3pm via the Future Eagle portal. They should get an email saying is ready to view on Wed too.

Our DD also applied to American but we did not get that email and American is the only school we don’t have a portal for… Now I am wondering if the emails are going to SPAM? She got anything she needed for auditions from American.

1 Like

There is a portal for American called the future eagle portal. You should have been emailed a AUID … you will need this to activate the portal. Admission decisions will be posted there. Email did not go to spam- she checked.

1 Like

i was told by previous applicants that Pace does not give talent money just the merit. Hope they are wrong but thats what i have been told.

Have not heard from them at all. I figure it was a no but shouod have let us know, really not right.