The Class of 2025 -- Sharing, Venting, Discussing! MT

Congrats to your daughter!!

Does anyone know when Syracuse is releasing decisions?

Upon further examination, we have the same result on PP. My D is in rehearsal and likely does not even realize it. Ups and downs.

RE: Syracuse.
Per CC Regular Decision Board - Maybe this Friday. A student spoke to admissions and they said ā€œthis weekā€. Academic and Artistic come together from them. On the 5th, the email came in around 5:20 EST

1 Like

friday afternoons towards end of march and they are often the last!!

Thank you so much!

Has anyone who lives in eastern time zone not heard from Emerson?? we live in michigan and nothing yet

I beleive I saw on another fb post that people had heard. They said it was in their portals on a tab? No emails.

In case this has any value to anyoneā€¦

Last year my child applied to all of his schools, had great auditions and then received one rejection after another culminating with a last hope waitlist slot. He called and called, expressing his desire to join the program to no avail.

Us parents, are totally new to this whole theater experience, and encouraged him to accept the BA theater, even putting a deposit down thinking we would convince him to ā€œjust goā€ to college. He was insistent that he wanted to do a BFA program in MT. After some discussions, mostly to suss out how serious he was, we got on board and followed his lead and supported his decision to ā€œtry againā€ next year - 2020 being a weird year anyway, why not.

This year, he tried again and the whole thing was completely different for him. There are too many variables to try to figure out but at the end of the day, he had choices, he felt valued and excited. As a parent, I learned a valuable lesson. He knew what he wanted and was determined to make it happen.

I know for some this decision season will bring heartbreak and worry, but it does not define the kid it is just part of their whole story. And for anyone like me, I had to learn to let go, this also does not define me as a parent- just part of our story.

39 Likes

yes many people have heard - supposedly via time zone- we are well past our time zone with no portal update

(Syracuse) Thank you for this infošŸ’œ

2 Likes

Thank you for this share. It is beautiful and powerful and uplifting. Wishing your son the very best with sifting through his options!:performing_arts:

2 Likes

WOW love this so muchā€”thank you for sharing!

So just putting this out thereā€”who on this thread is still waiting to hear from USC?

I love all of this. Including that it does not define us as parents, b/c I get so caught up sometimesā€¦Love to hear where your son lands! It takes a very special kind of kid to do this twice I think. A lot of determination and resilience which will take him far!

3 Likes

I would contact them; sometimes if they donā€™t have every little thing they donā€™t release a decision so just make sure everything is submitted and received. Good luck!

I know that a mom I have been chatting with has said that she still is! Not wanting to name names, LOL!!!

Since there are some new people and duplicate questions: thereā€™s a list updated daily (hourly?) of all the artistic decisions live, as they happen. MT Artistic Acceptance Class of 2025 - How, When Where, Who, What

1 Like

My son is waiting to hear from USC

thank you so much @Bigtheaterfan